Author Topic: lpg conversion  (Read 1231 times)

Offline mel binks

« on: June 12, 2008, 09:08:40 AM »
hi, i have just driven over from derby uk to yaniklar (oasis village)and was wondering if anyone had had an lpg conversion done here, if so what was the approx cost and any preferred installers,
thanks mel b

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
lpg conversion
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 09:40:57 AM »
Can't help you there i'm afraid mel b, but you are a braver man than me, i wouldn't drive in Turkey, let alone driving all the way from the UK first. Alan

Offline minimoo

lpg conversion
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 13:15:46 PM »
I think the cost of the conversion itself is around 1000ytl, can be a little cheaper or a little more depending upon the type of car, and the type of conversion required. Then you are looking at around another 400ytl or there abouts for all the tests, paperwork, and to have your owner's documents updated.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
lpg conversion
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 13:29:45 PM »
Hi Mel,

There are many places where this conversion can be carried out, if you can find your way to the 'Saniye' opposite the new coach station, you can probably enquire at one of the OFFICIAL vehicle workshops there. That is, Fiat, Renault etc., not the grubby little sheds that carry out normal repairs .
Years ago, I used to sell, in Scotland, the Landi:Hartog conversions, and it was very successful, but our workshops were as cleana as a hospital surgery, meticulously clean, as it is an extremeley high pressure system, every single part of the process has to carried out in an almost surgical manner.
By the way, there is also a rather hefty tax to pay upon completion of the conversion.
Not meaning to put you off of what is a cheaper way to run your car, good luck.
Gordy.

Offline GrantT

lpg conversion
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 13:39:15 PM »
Hi Mel,

Not an answer to your question, but I would be interested in hearing what route you took and how easy / difficult the journey was.

Thanks

Offline batman

lpg conversion
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 14:48:29 PM »
Hi mel, why didn't you get the conversion done in the UK? proberly cost a bit more but you know it is fitted to a high standard and you could have started saving the £££'s as soon as you left your front door to drive to Turkey.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
lpg conversion
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 07:40:09 AM »
grantT we are off next saturday 20th, scenic route france, germany,austria, italy,then ferry. taking in black forest, south tirol, venice,san marino. around 1300 odd miles to ancona, then around £1200 ferry return to turkey, then 200 odd miles to calis

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf