Author Topic: Sunset Beach Club - Handover  (Read 4360 times)

Offline IanK

Sunset Beach Club - Handover
« on: July 08, 2008, 13:40:34 PM »
Hi all,

I have been asked about this in another section but thought it best to reply here....

We have just returned from a week in Calis to handover our property on Sunset Beach - heres a quick summary of how we did it...

Booked a 1 week package holiday with XL at the Pelin - this actually only cost about £150 more than the flights only would have cost (for 2 of us) and of course that included transfers, hotel and breakfast !

We arrived early hrs of Saturday and had pre-booked a car with Orange for 5 days - they delivered to the Pelin on Saturday morning.

Pelin was grate by the way, but we only used the room and the pool. We went down to the Sat for breakfast - its such a great spot 8).

Our handover meeting was on Tuesday so we spent Saturday driving into and around Fethiye looking at furniture shops etc

Sunday we went to Sunset to take a look and went to the apartment to measure up etc.

Monday & Tuesday - back to Fethiye to start ordering stuff, Eren Spot (its quite tough to find - we expected a large shop but the front is actually quite small with Aladdin's cave in the back !) for all the bedroom stuff, sun beds, kettle toaster ironing board etc.

The shop a few doors from Eren (on the corner) for all the kitchen stuff, pots, pans crockery, cutlery etc.

A shop on the other side of Fethiye for a sideboard, and 2 shops on the Calis fethiye Road for patio furniture and sofas.

Also a great lighting shop just outside Fethiye on the Calis road.

We went to a curtain shop recommended by Hanel for all the curtains, bedding etc (they already had all the measurements for sunset).

But for a few bits and pieces, we bought everything in 2 days and it was all delivered (no extra charge) Wednesday & Thursday.

We met Hanel on Tuesday as planned, did the snagging list (only a few minor things) and then they took us to sort out the PoA so they can get the utilities & tapu sorted etc.

I have to say we were impressed with the build standard at Sunset - everything about the place is as good or better than we had expected. I'll post a few pics later.

There is still work going on at the top end of the site, but this is screened off. 5 of the pools , the bar (of course) and on site restaurant (Tivoli) are now open. There are sun beds and bean bags by the pools and on the beach.

We left the Pelin on Thursday and moved in just for just 1 night :( - we were flying home Friday.

On Thursday we also met with Orange to discuss property management and to book a private transfer to Dalaman so we didn't need to go back to the Pelin to meet the bus.

All in all, a successful week - whole place is furnished and ready to use.

Incidentally Hanel have sub contracted the complex maintenance to another company - I think the fees are a little higher than some owners had been promised but for us it was much the same.

Everyone we dealt with was fantastic, Hanel, all the shop owners, the guys that delivered (Erin Spot team did a great job getting wardrobes and a double bed up 2 spiral staircases) and the guys at Orange.

We also made some great friends amongst the other owners.

In fact before flying home on Friday, we went to the Surf Club with some other owners and our original Hanel sales guy for dinner.

The only negative was having to leave the place on Friday night to fly home - but we'll be back soon.

One final point, apart from our 3 days inspection trip 2 years ago, we have not been in Calis/Fethiye before - so don't be daunted by anything - its easy to find your way around, drive, park  and negotiate with shop owners

Hope I didn't go on too long - but if this helps other owners with their expectations it was worth it.

Feel free to ask anything I have not covered.

Regards

Ian K

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf