Author Topic: Cockney Girl / Deleted.  (Read 7076 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Cockney Girl / Deleted.
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 13:48:55 PM »
Well - and right off topic - I'm happy today as it looks increasingly like our flood damage claim is going to be paid! Not what we hoped for but far more than we had previously been offered (zilch).

If I can find my original thread on the claim I will add to it and give all the details out. If not I will start a new one later this week. I might wait until the money is in the bank first though.

There - that's my happy post for today!

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Cockney Girl / Deleted.
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 14:09:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox

I would still rather be here amongst family and geniune friends  than live permanently amongst all the bitching and backbiting that seems to go on from ex pats with nothing else better to do.:(

Hey, PLEASE don't tar us all with the same brush!  

I hope that your Spanish holiday isn't completely scuppered.  Is there any hope?

Offline Tors__

Cockney Girl / Deleted.
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 14:12:43 PM »
I personally think shes a drama queen....

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
Cockney Girl / Deleted.
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 14:16:58 PM »
I to live in a small market town were every one knows everyone, and like any where else we have our fair share of nasties, gossips, rumour mongers and downright liars, the majority of us know who they are and get on with our lives despite them, I can say that I would never let a friendship lapse on the strength of gossip or rumour and I suspect most people are the same, are things really that different in Calis, I doubt it, where ever you live in the world someone is always sniping away in the background. What ever people say about me does not impinge on my life one jot and like the buzz of a mozzie near your ear you learn to ignore them.
The recent discourse on the Uzumlu forum has done more harm than the cement factory threat ever did, which is a shame as it would certainly put me off of living there.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Cockney Girl / Deleted.
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 14:41:20 PM »
Gawd, can't people see it's the few that are making us all look bad????

You can't judge us all by the impression you get from what is said on this forum.  It's simply not fair.  If you live here and know a good cross section of ex pats THEN you might just have enough knowledge to judge.  But then why should anyone have the right to judge?

We live our lives here in a quiet way.  We make our friends.  Of course we don't necessarily like everyone, -that's life.  There are a lot of people here who keep themselves to themselves.  They don't belong to any forums, they do not prop up bars locally.  Not all of us are bad.  Think about it and stop tarring us all with the same brush. [:(!]
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 14:47:17 PM by Rindaloo »

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
Cockney Girl / Deleted.
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 14:45:53 PM »
Try living on a council estate in large town every body wants to know your business and if they don't they make it up anyway, if they see you are doing well they slag you of out of jealousy then you have the alcoholic neighbour who causes constant grief . Then you have the burglars, car thieves and the drug addicts.  Also you worry every time your son goes out of a night time in case he gets into trouble, not him but the lo life's who want to fight him or rob him
Back stabbers where I come from use real knives
Or you could be my other neighbour whose got MS and needs constant care and has got about 2 years to live he' only 40
Give me a few gob sh*tes any day none of them have the balls to say it to your face so doesn't worry.
My dream is to retire in Calis or any where but not England

Offline maria

• Alfreton, UK
Cockney Girl / Deleted.
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 15:12:22 PM »
I would give anything (well almost) to be able to live out there, I dont care about all the bitching and backstabbing i dont listen to it unless it comes from the horses mouth, and then I always think about what my mum used to say 'There are 3 sides to every story yours, mine and the truth!'

maria x

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
Cockney Girl / Deleted.
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 15:24:23 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Rindaloo

quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox

I would still rather be here amongst family and geniune friends  than live permanently amongst all the bitching and backbiting that seems to go on from ex pats with nothing else better to do.:(

Hey, PLEASE don't tar us all with the same brush!  

I hope that your Spanish holiday isn't completely scuppered.  Is there any hope?

Hopefully, butit's probably going to cost another 300 pounds to change the flights and hotels etc. Serves me right really for not getting the leave confirmed. Never had a problem before! :(

Offline lomas

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 15:31:24 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Tors__

I personally think shes a drama queen....

Are'nt they all  :)

Offline Suzanne

Cockney Girl / Deleted.
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 15:35:58 PM »
I agree with you too Jukebox...I love my little place there & a few weeks holiday a year...six at the most but I could NEVER live there. As it is i prefer the best of both worlds and wouldnt move out of my friendly Town in the UK permantly.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf