Author Topic: winter flights  (Read 4148 times)

Offline braveheart

winter flights
« on: July 24, 2004, 16:48:36 PM »
Hi Folks,
Probably a bit premature and most likely a question frequently asked but can any of the 'regulars' suggest easist way of getting to Dalaman in winter months from northern part of UK - Newcastle - Manchester - Scotland (I am assuming no direct flights are available)

Are there any signs of budget airlines looking at Turkey next year?

My wife and I (after having purchased earlier this month) are hoping to get back over sometime during November - December

Appreciate if you can advise of any proven routes/websites

Regards

Offline teresa321

winter flights
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 16:56:25 PM »
Hello There

We live in Co Durham and we flew to antalya last year from Manchester. However this year I have noticed they have flights from newcastle (Thomas Cook) and that is good news for us.  It is then a long bus ride to Calis, but on a comfortable bus - no problem - or try and link up with others and share the taxi ride. We shared with others when we went in January and we plan on going in November ourselves.  

It is swings and roundabouts for us there is a long car/bus journey and possibly a night in a hotel at either this end or that regardless of all the different routes.  It is not worth us bothering to do the route via Istanbul because the journeys to the airport mean we might just as well do the Antalya journey.

Teresa

Offline braveheart

winter flights
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 15:13:16 PM »
Thank you Teresa - we take note - will be using Newcastle too

kind Regards

Bob

Offline peterd

winter flights
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2004, 11:34:42 AM »
Hello Teresa

What are the costs of the bus and taxi from Antalya to Fetiya?
Also how frequently do they run? I'll be travelling to Ovacik in January and am currently looking at options to get there.

Peter

Offline teresa321

winter flights
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2004, 14:04:01 PM »
We have not done the journey by the regular bus route but hope to try in February. Linda and Carl are the only two I am aware of who did the trip and their story is somewhere on the forum.  If I recall correctly it is about £12 by taxi from the airport to the main bus station and then about £4 from Antalya to Fethiye and the journey took about 3.5 hours.  Linda said the buses were great and very comfortable.

The taxi to and from Fethiye is about £100 to £120 return, if you can link up and share with someone then that is great.

I think the Newcastle trip proved a no-goer for us because of the flight times (I do not know if the route is still available) we will be going from Manchester again.

Teresa X

Offline Sinbad

winter flights
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 07:47:25 AM »
For those in the south we took a Sunday flight at the start of the year via Istanbul. Of the numerous flights we have made this year that was the best one. The two stop in Istanbul flew by. If flights into Antalya ever prove difficult then we wont hesitate to to do the Istanbul one - wouldnt mind a stop over in the big city too.

Offline Carpete

winter flights
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 10:11:02 AM »
We too will be using the coach from Antalya to Fethiye in the winter. I have a timetable from the Fethiye Koop bus people. In Antalya their no. is 331 11 48-49. needs appropriate codes of course. Buses run Antalya to Fethiye at 7 a.m. 8.30 a.m. 10.25 a.m. 12.00. 13.45. 15.30. 16.15 and 19.00 Fethiye to Antalya is 6.30 a.m. 8.00. 9.30 11.00. 12.30. 14.15. 16.45. 20.15. 01.00. Dalaman office is 0252 692 33 32. Take taxi to Otogar (cost 30. mtl) then cheap as chips.
Carol x

Offline amca

winter flights
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2004, 15:33:37 PM »
if you insist on coming in to dalaman ........ consider going amsterdam/istanbul/dalaman from glasgow or maybe poss from other northern airports ..... try klm first ....it is poss to do journey all in same day

Offline xanadu

winter flights
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2004, 16:32:30 PM »
Tried that route once and it cost me 790 pounds.
If you fly to Istanbul there are two flights a day to Dalaman.

Offline Sinbad

winter flights
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2004, 11:17:29 AM »
The easiest way is still to move south rather than stay up north. I going out on Tuesday!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf