Author Topic: Skype Mobile WiFi  (Read 5092 times)

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Skype Mobile WiFi
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 20:39:16 PM »
yes - but only with a laptop/pc

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Skype Mobile WiFi
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 07:23:47 AM »
I purchased this in the Uk (after taking advice from Scunner)
 http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3272635/Belkin-Wi-Fi-Phone-For-Skype/Product.html?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-PC-_-Networking-_-Belkin%2bWi-Fi%2bPhone%2bFor%2bSkype&engine=froogle_pc&keyword=Belkin+Wi-Fi+Phone+For+Skype

I have paid 29 euros for the year to Skypeout can ring any Uk landline any time day or night included in the price, my computer does not need to be swiched on. I took it to Calis and put a few security numbers in from the the free WIFI bars, it stores them and goes to the best signal, there is no delay, just like using a normal phone the manufacturer claims you need to be within 90m of the modem buy I think this is nearer 50m I am well impressed with it
Mark.

Offline farry

Skype Mobile WiFi
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 15:27:48 PM »
Mark,  what is the sound quality like?  Some of the reviews I have seen mention annoying echoes.

Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by karaokemark

I purchased this in the Uk (after taking advice from Scunner)
 http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3272635/Belkin-Wi-Fi-Phone-For-Skype/Product.html?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-PC-_-Networking-_-Belkin%2bWi-Fi%2bPhone%2bFor%2bSkype&engine=froogle_pc&keyword=Belkin+Wi-Fi+Phone+For+Skype

I have paid 29 euros for the year to Skypeout can ring any Uk landline any time day or night included in the price, my computer does not need to be swiched on. I took it to Calis and put a few security numbers in from the the free WIFI bars, it stores them and goes to the best signal, there is no delay, just like using a normal phone the manufacturer claims you need to be within 90m of the modem buy I think this is nearer 50m I am well impressed with it
Mark.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Skype Mobile WiFi
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 15:41:08 PM »
I can not here any echo at this end but a couple of people I have called in the Uk say they can here a slight echo but not enough to affect the conversation.
Mark

Offline mickyc

Skype Mobile WiFi
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 18:07:39 PM »
you could always get someone to get you a vonage wifi phone from the uk.then you would beable to use a free wifi hotspot or if the hotspot is locked from bars or restaurants you could ask for the key which they normaly give you.i use mine everytime i come over which saves me a fortune as every landline telephone call back to the uk is freeee and even better people can ring you as your number will be a british landline number even though you are in turkey

mick

Offline holidayworld

Skype Mobile WiFi
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 18:43:18 PM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf