Author Topic: Texts  (Read 1642 times)

Offline geordieboy

Texts
« on: September 19, 2008, 11:07:32 AM »
Putting my head on the block with this one but here goes.
Called into the main Turkcell shop the other day to inquire as to whether texts from Turkcell could be sent in English.I know I'me part of a minority group,and I know I should speak the language,and I know there are other foreign nationals living here.
But,you can get their website in English,so obviously they recognize the fact that other nationalities subscribe to their service.
I've had a few of their texts deciphired,and in the main they're special offers etc.So,we both lose out,I can't take advantage of any offers,and they do'nt make any money out of me.
All the texts are computer generated,all of their customers are on their data bank,would it take much to sort out.
Right,I know I'me being selfish. :)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Texts
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 12:36:38 PM »
I asked the same question last year by ringing Turkcell customer service.
There answer was to ring Customer service when we get a text and they will translate it.
We normally ask in one of the bars we frequent for a translation and the main translation is "its just rubbish ignor it"
Paul

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Texts
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 16:29:18 PM »
I usually just ask someone to translate them, that's no problem, going a bit off topic, i would like someone coming round speaking an English version when a car or a van drives round Calis asking for blood donors. Alan
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 19:29:13 PM by number2 »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Texts
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 04:10:16 AM »
I'd like all Turks to speak English, then I wouldn't have to waste my time learning Turkish ! :D ;):D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 04:10:48 AM by KKOB »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf