Author Topic: Cheap telephone calls from UK  (Read 2035 times)

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
Cheap telephone calls from UK
« on: August 04, 2004, 07:54:06 AM »
Thought you might be interested in this.  As my husband is Turkish he seems to spend forever on the phone to his family.  We've discovered this brilliant on line phonecard shop.
We use BT option 1 and this phonecard.  If you ring between 6.00pm and 8.00am weekdays and anytime weekend we can then phone Turkey for 4p per minute. Also at the moment there is a special offer where we can get a £25 card for just £16.99.  You just ring the London telephone number (free on BT option 1) Enter your PIN number from the phonecard then dial your Turkish number.  It's very easy but you can only buy them on line.  If anyone is interested look at their website - UK Pioneer Phonecard Shop.

Offline june

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 10:31:25 AM »
Thanks Janet thats very helpful I will check the website.

June

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 11:48:57 AM »
Just looked at the site. Pity about you having to use up your credit within 90 days. Not sure which card you are using, some have surcharges?
Useful if you are on the phone a lot & you can get £5 cards. However at the moment I can't forsee us doing this much calling.
Great for those with family & friends over there who are missing them or for those with Turkish sweethearts - I remember my outrageous phone bills before I found one-tel did 3p/minute calls to USA.
Linda

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 18:06:54 PM »
we use America First but there are many other options if you check the lists.  SpeakNSave also seems quite cheap.  The 90 day bit is not a problem for us as he goes through at least 1 phonecard a week!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf