Author Topic: The swimming pool saga  (Read 5292 times)

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
The swimming pool saga
« on: August 10, 2004, 21:53:21 PM »
In May 2004 we ordered a swimming pool,   they started on time and we had a completion date of June 7th ,the pool itself was completed 2 weeks late which was not a major problem, however the cover to the motor room and the clearing of the site is a different matter.
1st the motor room cover   the ironman (Turkish term) came with what can only be described as a monstrosity (3 pieces of scrap metal welded together , covered in rust & painted black) with the biggest hinges you have ever seen in your life protruding an inch upwards. When I phoned Taner the owner of the company informing him that Scunner was coming to a pool party with his children he rushed round (which is a miracle in Turkey) with a piece of scrap plywood to cover said hole. On Monday august 9th the "ironman" returned with another piece of scrap metal (albeit this time with no hinges) and proceeded to install it, after smashing one of my patio tiles after hammering said cover to get it to fit he informed me that he had finished, WELL I have NEVER seen such a dangerous & bad piece of workmanship in all my life, I duly picked up the BOILING HOT (through the heat of the sun) & SCRAPPY piece of metal & threw it over the wall, (it`s a good job the ironman  moved out of the way quickly)  needless to say, we still haven`t got a cover.
2nd the clearing of the site : after asking the owner of the company to clear up the mess (which is quite substantial) I was promised (yet again) that this would be done, I asked again last week (for the 4th time, if not more) and was told that it would be done as soon as he could get somebody to do it (which is funny, because he cleared a friends as it was on a road) needless to say that job has not been completed either.
The name of said company is : Fetkin which are based in fethiye, the owner of the company is Taner Pamukcu.
My advice to anybody wanting a swimming pool built is to steer clear of this company if you want the job finished.

Crabbit  (Dave)

Offline Juliejules

The swimming pool saga
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 22:11:16 PM »
Sounds awful!  Hope you haven't paid in full.
Can you use the pool itself though?

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
The swimming pool saga
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 22:34:51 PM »
the pool is great, it`s the rest that is the problem

Offline ronan

• Groveller
The swimming pool saga
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 13:40:34 PM »
It`s a fantastic pool Dave.....dont think we`ll be using them then!!!!

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
The swimming pool saga
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 22:06:19 PM »
the pool on our complex is still not finished and it was started september 2004

Offline crossie

The swimming pool saga
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 14:09:38 PM »
When dealing with companies in Turkey for building prodjects,would it not be an idea to mention this website to them and explain the damage you can do to there company if you are badly let down.

Offline cas

The swimming pool saga
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 15:14:56 PM »
hi guys,. pool problem ?? My partner is a :POOL MAN: I seen his work , and its amazing, he isn t a bodge it and leave it, he works hard, along with his son, been doing it now for 10 years, loads of people, english and turkish hotels use him, he is reliable, and very trustworthy, has just re done a friends pool as it was a bad job before,.if you need any more info, just ask,,,cas. x

Offline Eric

The swimming pool saga
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 15:52:55 PM »
Replying to a post (advertising) 5 years after the original post, this must be a record.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
The swimming pool saga
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 15:55:14 PM »
It's definitely a record (for a free advert opportunity).

Offline minxer

The swimming pool saga
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 16:26:46 PM »
at least its relevant to the topic! unlike mine!! hehe:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf