Author Topic: FREE - yes free telephone cals to Turkey!  (Read 3850 times)

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
FREE - yes free telephone cals to Turkey!
« on: April 08, 2009, 18:35:31 PM »
Sorry I shouted! Thought some might be interested in this.

We have to get a second land line in for work. I missed the sub £30 installation by BT by 7 days! GRrrrr![:(!] Despite my best attempts I couldn't get BT to budge off their £120+ installation charge - Phoned up a few times & it was NO![:(!]

Looked around & found The Post Office do home phones. Slightly cheaper installation than BT & maybe a free take over of an existing BT line. NO minimum contract period & also they offer free evening calls to UK & free weekend calls to mobiles & 20 overseas destinations - just keep each call under 1hr, hang up, redial & continue your chat.

Now the best part:D - they are expanding the calls to another 20 countries in June & Turkey is one of them!:D:D:D

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/content1?catId=19300217&mediaId=19800178

ftp://ftp.royalmail.com/Downloads/public/ctf/po/June_Price_changes.pdf

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 12:53:30 PM »
 :) Thanks Linda, my contract with BT ends soon, so will be glad to sack them off, funnily enough got my phone bill only yesterday and the calls to Turkey were £112. so that is good news for me.

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 15:35:29 PM »
Why not purchase a euro phone card sold in some shop outlets price on card £5,but you only pay £2-50 for them you get about two hours of calls anyware in the world.We use them for turkey and new zealand so cheap.You use them via your own land line via a number on the card through another countrys phone system.

Offline lindacarl

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 18:07:25 PM »
We've been using www.nonoh.net - you put 10Euros on - actually 12.5E after tax & it gives you 120 FREE days of calls (to Turkish landlines only + a multitude of other countries - mobile & hardline) but they don't like you going over 200 min a week (fair useage policy) The 10 Euros stays on the account & doesn't go down - unless you go over the fair weekly usage amount. Then you use it up before you top up again. Cheaper than any Euro card!

Laffa - I don't know whether calls to Turkish mobiles are included with the PO - should have the details through next week - didn't think to ask if it were mobiles only. We normally phone the US & calls to mobiles are usually included as many/most Americans don't have landlines - they just have broadband without a phone.

Laffa - wouldn't you be better off if you paid for a broadband/phone line for D & used Skype - free of charge - you could also see her & the little one with a webcam?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 18:08:33 PM by lindacarl »

Offline NIGCOUSKAZ

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 19:33:53 PM »
Hi

I have been using www.budgetcom.co.uk

Turkey (landline) 1p/min  access via 0844 861 35 35
Turkey (mobile)   7p/min  access via 0871 772 14 14

K

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 21:44:47 PM »
Thanks for the info, she has just rang tonight to say they have a land line now, so how do I get these card to go through BT,
she's not on a pc line yet so cant do it that way.

Offline lindacarl

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 01:49:13 AM »
Laffa - try Nonoh
You can try it for free - but they limit those calls to 4-5min.
Put 10 Euros on with debit/credit card & you get 200min a week. Keep your calls to around 15min a day if possible & you won't fall foul of their 200min/wk rule for free.
I found that if I made a call of over an hour they didn't like it & charged me .
It has to be cheaper than any call card as your money stays there & you can use that money when your 120 free days are up THEN reload & start again. I reckon we did a years calls on less than 30 Euros. The 200 free minutes are for a rolling 7 day period.

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 08:14:43 AM »
Is there any way of getting calls cheaper from Turkey to UK when out on hols got a shock last year when I got home and got my mobile bill Diana

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 15:01:40 PM »
Get a phone card Diana ,they are cheap and there are public phones all over .

Offline lindacarl

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 02:33:19 AM »
Skype is MUCH cheaper than a phone card. Especially if you can each go through the computer - totally free then! There are quite a few places that offer FREE phone calls back to the UK.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf