Author Topic: UK landline phones  (Read 1917 times)

Offline Dempava

UK landline phones
« on: May 05, 2009, 22:26:04 PM »
Is a UK landline phone compatable in Turkey. There's such a choice in the UK and we're moving out in June so would bring one with us.

Offline kevin b

UK landline phones
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 22:42:48 PM »
Yes they are ok & you just need an adaptor from electical shop for phone socket.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
UK landline phones
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 23:15:51 PM »
UK phones work perfectly in Turkey (with as Kevin says, an adaptor) though a UK filter will not work.

Offline Dempava

UK landline phones
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 14:50:37 PM »
Thanks for that guys.

Offline Dempava

UK landline phones
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 14:29:00 PM »
Moved out now. We brought a BT landline cordless phone but it wont work with a new lead with Turkish conections. Is it an adaptor i.e. one where you slot the British plug into first then the adaptor into the Turkish wall socket? If so can anyone advise a particular shop that sells them please? The shops I've been in just want to sell you a Turkish lead.

Offline Firo

UK landline phones
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 14:39:44 PM »
The UK phone plug goes into the Turkish adapter and then plugs straight in. No wire required.We bought one on the one way road coming back out of Fethiye in one of the many phone shops.

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
UK landline phones
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 21:28:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Dempava

Moved out now. We brought a BT landline cordless phone but it wont work with a new lead with Turkish conections. Is it an adaptor i.e. one where you slot the British plug into first then the adaptor into the Turkish wall socket? If so can anyone advise a particular shop that sells them please? The shops I've been in just want to sell you a Turkish lead.

are you saying it won't ring or it rings but the phone is dead normally you would need a master socket bt type which has the bell capacitor in which you can get from wicks etc and get a turkish/american plug and lead connect up pins 2 and 5 to the bt master socket and plug the other end in to your turkish telecom socket
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 21:30:48 PM by ECHOSTAR »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf