Author Topic: Opticians  (Read 6123 times)

Offline tetmeister

Opticians
« on: June 08, 2009, 20:52:33 PM »
Looking for a good,reasonably priced opticians to get my eyes re-tested and prescription glasses and sunnies made.

Offline doll

Opticians
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 03:23:58 AM »
there is an opticians by the new hospital in calis
a few in fethiye.
its cheaper here for eye tests and making up glasses
designer one expensive.

Offline ovaciksarah

Opticians
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 09:09:03 AM »
Cem optics are excellent, far more thorough testing than in England, one in Fethiye also one in Hisaranou, they take you to optician then glasses ready in sometimes a day and far cheaper than England

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Opticians
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 11:35:00 AM »
After nearly 6 years in Turkey and relying on their eye care treatment I would definitely say 2nd rate.

Eye test in Uk now range from £12-~~£20 by qualified opticians and glasses range from £65 varifocal or many offers 2 for 1 some including sunglasses.
We have purchased glasses from Cem optic (one of the better ones) 2 from fethiye opticians and 2 from Hisaronu opticians, out of 5 opticians Cem comes top, but still not upto UK standards.

Offline friar tuck

Opticians
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 10:06:31 AM »
Got to agree with Loz get eyes tested in UK and bring your prescription over with you, eye test over here are not as good as in UK, cant fault quality of specs just the test.   8)

Offline sooty

Opticians
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 16:29:46 PM »
Tony good eye clinic highley recommended, my next door neighbour went and he was very impressed, saved him a trip back to England.  The clinic is called Kartalgoz and is located in Karaculha just outside Fethiye. If you go on the Antalya Road from Fethiye the clinic is about 1km past Tespo.

The Opthamologist is a really nice guy called Sebahattin Bozkurt and comes recommended. The Kartal clinic has a website at www.kartalgoz.com

If you need an eye test then this is the place to go. There are 3 opticians next door and apparently you can get new specs for 50 lira.  I think you may have to make an appointment but it will tell u on the website.

Sooty x

Offline tetmeister

Opticians
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 19:34:37 PM »
Thanks Sooty,well overdue a test and broke my prescription sunnies,and the jack duckworth look didnt get the thumbs up from my significant other,and I also started talking in a perculiar northern accent as opposed to my usual broken London" u r avin a giraffe" accent.Hope you enjoy the chocolate!tee,hee!

Offline june

Opticians
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 19:59:41 PM »
I always take my UK prescription with me as I just find it easier, and I have had specs from opticians in Fethiye which have been very good, I can picture Cem Optic shop but not where it actually is, can someone just tell me and I may pop in there next when I am over.

Thanks
June

Offline fethiyeflo

Opticians
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 15:12:19 PM »
the kent optic shop opposite esnaf hospital (where the chemist used to be) is great and so is the eye dr in the esnaf,they will take you there for the eye test or they can make your glasses from your english prescription, i think they are one of the only opticians in fethiye to make glasses on site,kent optic also has shops in Karaculha next to the eye clinic and 2 in olu deniz one of them being called olu deniz optic

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 17:54:16 PM »
How do the price of the glasses compare in turkey compared to the UK and is the quality and choice comparable? Just had mine tested today and finally found out I need reading glasses :-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf