Author Topic: Bedcovers, curtains etc  (Read 6398 times)

Offline maureen

Bedcovers, curtains etc
« on: August 05, 2009, 21:50:34 PM »
There's a little shop in the Paspatur which does Bedcovers, curtains, cushions, tablecloths in beautiful fabrics.  They will also make what you want to order.  As you walk past you see all the fabrics and samples hanging up.

It's run by a lovely family who have been in business for 19 years.  Their prices are very reasonable too as they make up the items themselves.

It is called Naturel Butik and is just opposite the Car Cemetary bar.

Maureen :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Bedcovers, curtains etc
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 22:21:22 PM »
If this is the shop just up from the Turkish Baths we have bought lots from them.  Brought home the most beautiful king size bedcover and matching pillowcases all with lovely sequin decoration for £45.00.  Very lightweight to bring back.   I intent to get more when we are over this time.

Offline maureen

Bedcovers, curtains etc
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 22:39:27 PM »

Yes that's the one.  We bought a king size cover and pillowcases tonight (also sequinned - really pretty)- they are only charging £40 this year!  

So so tempting to go back and buy more...

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Bedcovers, curtains etc
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 08:57:58 AM »
We bought ours in June, just remembered he asked £45.00 then took a fiver off, so was the same price. We met an English lady who lived in Calis, she told us that a friend of her's bought these covers for £40.00 took them back to the U.K. and sold them for £200.00.  
I can understand that, as they are so lovely and so very cheap, can't wait to buy another one.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Bedcovers, curtains etc
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 10:01:41 AM »
oh thank you ladies -  I'll have a look on our next visit, we are just re-doing our bedrooms in the UK, and want something really unusual, this sounds perfect.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Bedcovers, curtains etc
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 09:47:52 AM »
Visited this shop again and bought two covers.  Firstly I wanted a gold colour bed spread. I was shown all the materials and found a lovely cream net with a fabulous pattern of gold sequins, this net is applied to either a satin base material or a heavy cotton material, also asked for two cushions instead of pillow cases.    Was delighted with it when it was made up and we were even given cushion pads included in the £40.00.   So cheap for a king-size bed set.
I wanted this  for our place in Calis.  Before we left I called in again and picked a lovely lace material covered with tiny applied mauve flowers, wanted this one to bring back to the U.K. again they made my King-size bedcover by the next day and also made two cushion covers.
As I said the bed covers have two layers, the top layer which you can pick out yourself can be net with sequins or lace with flowers etc.,.  The second layer, the bottom is either satin or a thicker cotton material.
If anyone is going to do this it's a good tip to ask for the thicker material as the satin backing will slip off the bed.
Would not hesitate to recommend this shop, fast service, really nice people, excellent products at bargain prices.

Offline turkeysue

Bedcovers, curtains etc
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 23:07:12 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by maureen

There's a little shop in the Paspatur which does Bedcovers, curtains, cushions, tablecloths in beautiful fabrics.  They will also make what you want to order.  As you walk past you see all the fabrics and samples hanging up.

It's run by a lovely family who have been in business for 19 years.  Their prices are very reasonable too as they make up the items themselves.

It is called Naturel Butik and is just opposite the Car Cemetary bar.

Maureen :)

Offline turkeysue

Bedcovers, curtains etc
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 23:09:24 PM »
Hi maureen would you think this little shop would make me a bum bag..?many thanks sue :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Bedcovers, curtains etc
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 19:43:13 PM »
As they have material and zips and if you give them an idea of what you want I am sure they would do it for you.  Just ask.

Offline Piscoe

Bedcovers, curtains etc
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 18:29:59 PM »
Over the years we have spent loads in this place too. Excellent value for money and great choice too. I often sit and have a few in Deep Blue Bar while her in doors goes in to spend an age choosing whatever she has her eye on this time:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf