Author Topic: Central Heating  (Read 4391 times)

Offline neesie1171

Central Heating
« on: January 25, 2010, 14:58:10 PM »
We are thinking about getting the guy from Tasyaka, who advertises in the Land of Lights out to give us a quote for central heating.

Just wondering if anybody has used him or heard any reports about service etc.  Or is there anybody else out there that people would recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Denise

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Central Heating
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 15:03:16 PM »
He is BRILLIANT. Can't recommend the guy enough. Any problems we called and he was with us.

Offline Firo

Central Heating
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 15:11:07 PM »
He did a good job for us but we now wish we had not gone for gas (very very expensive to run).
We would next time. have a log burner with back boiler fitted to run the heating as we are burning logs anyway so would have the added benefit of hot radiators as well.

Offline neesie1171

Central Heating
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 15:15:00 PM »
Thanks for that, that is just the sort of recommendation we were looking for!

Denise

Offline neesie1171

Central Heating
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 15:17:53 PM »
The system we are looking at is the one where the boiler is located outside and runs on coal.  We have a log burner but when I spoke to him today it sounded like that this would not be part of the system but still could be used as a stand alone system.

Denise

Offline Firo

Central Heating
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 16:14:47 PM »
See if it can be part of the system (with a new log burner)as it's easier to keep topping it up.Just a thought but worth covering all the options.

Offline milliemars

Central Heating
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 16:35:30 PM »
Don,t have central heating but was talking to A Turkish guy who has and is now burning Olive Seed and is saving at least 200tl over winter.

Offline minimoo

Central Heating
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 17:03:47 PM »
I've been reading about this milliemars. I believe you still have the same system, with the burner located outside, but you can burn the olive pulp (I think it's what's left of the olives after the oil has been extracted) and is much cheaper than coal or wood. Have been told that the initial smell is a bit strange, though I assume it is only outside.

Offline miaspyro

Central Heating
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 19:08:18 PM »
i know sunnyd has just had a wood burner central heating and hot water systen installed by a local company and was very impressed, but cant remember their name sure she wont mind if you give her an email

Offline neesie1171

Central Heating
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 05:58:58 AM »
Thanks for all the replies.  Firo, topping up isn't a problem according to the advert because you fill the boiler once a day and that is supposed to run the boiler all day!

I have heard that you can burn Olive pulp in them as opposed to coal and I know it is very cheap - 20 kurus a kilo!

Denise

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf