Author Topic: Work  (Read 5059 times)

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Work
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 07:11:30 AM »
You do need residency you do not need citizenship.A company offering legit work will assist and apply on your behalf.However,if you work in tourism and for a foreign company on a six months contract you should be exempt.

Offline lisa marie xx

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 09:57:10 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by simpsons

quote:
Originally posted by KatyD

Hi - Does anyone know if it is easy to get work in Calis - need a change! Also is it difficult to get Visa to work there?

Any info appreciated

To get a work permit, you first must have a Residency permit (Not a 90 day visa) And this is where you have a 'Catch 22' position, for to get a Residency Permit, you must show you have means of supporting yourself in Turkey without working. As they said, if you work without a work permit and get caught you could face a heavy fine and deportation

I have sent all my paperwork off to apply for my residency and they didnt ask for anything to prove i can support myself ie bank statements etc. I think its rules for one and rules for another!

Offline kizkucuk

Work
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 10:03:19 AM »
Katy I emailed you

Offline Chinook

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 10:39:06 AM »
quote:
However,if you work in tourism and for a foreign company on a six months contract you should be exempt.
Go to Top of Page

Didn't Thomas Cook have a few problems a couple of years ago in Marmaris with staff without work permits? Also Sunsail had a spat last year with the Government about their shore based holidays and closed down

Offline minimoo

Work
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 12:05:47 PM »
Thompsons/First Choice will arrange your residency and work permit to last for the summer season if you work for them in Turkey.

Offline starman™

Work
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 14:07:24 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by simpsons

quote:
Originally posted by KatyD

Hi - Does anyone know if it is easy to get work in Calis - need a change! Also is it difficult to get Visa to work there?

Any info appreciated

To get a work permit, you first must have a Residency permit (Not a 90 day visa) And this is where you have a 'Catch 22' position, for to get a Residency Permit, you must show you have means of supporting yourself in Turkey without working. As they said, if you work without a work permit and get caught you could face a heavy fine and deportation

Your information is totally wrong.
You do NOT need a residence permit to get a work permit. Also showing proof of funds is not really the same as showing you have an income. You need to show you have sufficient funds in a bank account in Turkey (300 USD per month of application or 3600 USD for a 12 month residency) or you can exchange the same amount into Turkish lira at an exchange place but make sure the receipt is stamped and has your name on it.
You only need a residency (min 6 months) if you apply for a work permit within Turkey but in most cases you need to apply at the consulate in your last country of residence and you do not need a turkish residence for this.

Offline simpsons

Work
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 15:57:26 PM »
Not wishing to offend you Starman but this is the informatin found on the internet

'Do you want a Turkish work visa to work or study in Turkey?

You must apply, at least a month before you plan to arrive in Turkey, to the nearest Turkish diplomatic mission to obtain a work permit and visa.

You'll need your passport, a visa application form, and a letter from your employer in Turkey. (You can get a U.S. Passport Fast. More...)  

Your employer should submit other documents to Turkey's Ministry of Labor and Social Security (MLSS) within three working days after you apply for your work permit and visa. Applications are finalised by the MLSS within ninety days at the latest.

Before starting to work, and within one month after your arrival in Turkey, you must register with the police near where you plan to live in Turkey to obtain the necessary residence permit.'

If you notice, it says you must apply for a Residents Permit.

Offline starman™

Work
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 06:46:49 AM »
Yes you must apply for a residence permit after obtaining the work visa not beforehand. Also once you have a work visa you do not need to show proff of funds or show that you can support yourself.
Trust me, we processed over 700 work permits in 2009 so know the system very well.

Offline simpsons

Work
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 09:20:43 AM »
Starman, I think we both missed the main point of this topic. That KatyD seemed that she wanted casual work when she comes to Turkey, we both seemed to have driftedaway and gone off into a tangent.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 09:21:11 AM by simpsons »

Offline starman™

Work
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 10:56:54 AM »
Not missed the point but correcting you on your initial post stating "
To get a work permit, you first must have a Residency permit (Not a 90 day visa) And this is where you have a 'Catch 22' position, for to get a Residency Permit, you must show you have means of supporting yourself in Turkey without working."

It is this line of information that is wrong and needed correcting.

Just for the record again.

You do NOT need a residence permit to apply for a work permit.
You do NOT need to show proof of funds when applying for the residence permit after you obtained the work visa.

Please see my detailed post here about work permits http://{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}33175&whichpage=1

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf