Author Topic: Turkish Mobile Phone  (Read 1929 times)

Offline DragonLand

Turkish Mobile Phone
« on: June 12, 2010, 15:48:40 PM »
Helllooo!
Was hoping for some help please.
We bought a turkish phone last time we were over there and a turkish sim card on Vodafone to go with it.
When we bought the phone we asked whether we could use it in the UK and they told us when we returned to the UK the roaming setting could be set up.
However the phone says 'limited service' and when we've tried contacting vodafone in the UK they've told us that vodafone UK and abroad are totally different companies :S
So therefore does anyone know what i have to do to be able to use in the UK ????
Many Thanks  :)

Offline Julesp

Turkish Mobile Phone
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 16:07:25 PM »
Think you needed to set up the roaming service while here in Turkey, Why would you want to use Turk sim while in UK anyway, cheaper to buy a uk sim while there. Turk phones not usually locked to a company so should be able to insert new uk sim.

Offline DragonLand

Turkish Mobile Phone
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 11:38:43 AM »
Because every time we go back to turkey we have to buy a new sim because they expire if you dont use them within a certain period of time.

Offline beldibi

Turkish Mobile Phone
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 21:49:32 PM »
The sim`s expire if no credit is put on them, for more than 6 months.  it does not matter whether or not you use the sim.

Offline Jim Fraser

Turkish Mobile Phone
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 22:35:34 PM »
As far as I know the SIM card only "expires" if no credit is added, so you simply buy a new SIM then once it is up and running buy a top up amount, that way the SIM never "expires" what you may find is that after 3 months of not being used you cannot make calls, but you simply top up again and the phone can be used.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf