Author Topic: visa  (Read 43863 times)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
visa
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 08:56:20 AM »
There are so many grey areas here that even with Turkeys penchant for moving goal posts it is unbelievable.  This needs clarification urgently or someone is going to get back from a visa run to Meis or wherever to be told Sorry you cant have a new visa for three months but you have just got time to get to Dalaman and sod off!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
visa
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 09:08:20 AM »
Or be refused entry to Kas!!!

But having said that, the information from Lucy & yabanci seems to suggest that the visa stamp you get at Dalaman and the one on return to Kas are completely different - what level of grey area does that create??!! Someone is going to find themselves in huge difficulties I think.

Offline yabanci

visa
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 09:51:39 AM »
Perhaps they are two different visa stamps out now.Mine was a 15 Euro one.

Offline BM06

visa
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 10:13:28 AM »
i came back via Dalaman on friday,  10pound multi entry visa it now states,  Quote, Multiple entry visa valid for an intended stay of no more than 90 days per period 180 days duration begins on the date of entry to Turkey holder has no right to work''there is a printed stamp mark right across this new information stating multiple entry visa void for 90 days, what this means i just do not no, but that's how its stated word for word on the new stamp, any light on this subject would be much appreciated.

Offline SteveJ

visa
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 10:43:59 AM »
Has anyone encountered the situation at Dalaman where the official insists on taking a £10 payment even when you are returning within  90 days? The guy behind the desk was suddenly unable to understand English and the queue behind us were getting impatient so I ended up paying £10 but Jean was let in without a charge even though the entry dates on our passport stamps were identical.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
visa
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 10:45:18 AM »
It is beginning to look as though it is 90 days and you are out for 3 months unless you have residency.....or peraps I should seek assylum in Russia or Syria then I would not need a Visa:-\:(

Offline Diverbaz 1

visa
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 10:51:01 AM »
quote:
Has anyone encountered the situation at Dalaman where the official insists on taking a £10 payment even when you are returning within 90 days? The guy behind the desk was suddenly unable to understand English and the queue behind us were getting impatient so I ended up paying £10 but Jean was let in without a charge even though the entry dates on our passport stamps were identical

I don't understand that if you had a valid visa, why did you go to the visa desk and not straight to the imigration desk for it to be stamped?

Offline scouser2

visa
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 11:00:46 AM »
This is a bit sneaky isn't it.As far as I know there has been nothing about it in the newspapers here.Seems to me IMHO that the govt here are trying to squeeze as much money as they can from ex-pats. Not everyone can afford the high price of 1, 2 or 5 year visas since the hefty increases last year.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
visa
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 11:05:43 AM »
But on the other hand they are not wrong to tighten up the abuse of the tourist visa system by permanent residents. If it was happening in the UK, there would be an outcry. It is a visa for tourists, simple as that - you can't argue.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
visa
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 11:05:58 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Diverbaz 1

quote:
Has anyone encountered the situation at Dalaman where the official insists on taking a £10 payment even when you are returning within 90 days? The guy behind the desk was suddenly unable to understand English and the queue behind us were getting impatient so I ended up paying £10 but Jean was let in without a charge even though the entry dates on our passport stamps were identical

I don't understand that if you had a valid visa, why did you go to the visa desk and not straight to the imigration desk for it to be stamped?

he didn't say he did - perhaps it was immigration that sent him away to pay the fee?

Watching this one with interest perhaps Starman can clarify the situation - or Linda1953 :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf