Author Topic: Visa changes, need feedback  (Read 4900 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Visa changes, need feedback
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 18:05:42 PM »
Agreed Nikkie - it's just a delay in the inevitable and those living there should have residency anyway.

Coffee smells nice Des -try it ;)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 18:05:57 PM by stoop »

Offline IanK

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 13:06:42 PM »
I realise that most of the debate has been about the more serious implications for those who live in Turkey on Tourist Visas, but did anyone notice valleyboy's question earlier ?

We also have 180 day Visas purchased in May - and we assume that even though the rules have changed back again, they will still be valid for a return trip in September - ie more than 90 days since the visa was issued but less than 180 ??

Ian

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 13:42:40 PM »
Come on stoop, you know you really want to say yes you were right Des it wont happen, go on be a man. LOL

Offline BM06

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 13:52:39 PM »
Vallyboy,lanK, the visa queue.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 17:50:15 PM »
Des - it has to happen as there are too many expats living in Turkey on tourist visas - which is illegal. The fact it has been postponed proves beyond doubt that it was 90 days in 180 otherwise there would have been no protest and the British Consulate would not have got involved.

You can be as smug as you like but if I was living in Turkey illegally then I would be worried. It's only a matter of time........

Now it seems once you have residency you must also pay for National Health Insurance at a cost of approx £180TL per month for a family. Even more reason to stay on your tourist visa I guess - unless it's cheaper than your private health cover.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 17:51:17 PM by stoop »

Offline starman™

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 06:43:03 AM »
Where did you hear this? I dont know of anyone who is on a residence where they have to pay insurance.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 07:44:02 AM »
http://turkeyvilla.com/
Sorry I can't seem to find the direct link but here is the wording from the email newsletter I got:

Finally, issue number 3. State health provision. As of Oct 1st 2010, all residents must have National Health Insurance. There is a monthly cost that varies dependent on age/circumstances etc, but basic cost on today's figures are 182 TL a month which covers self, spouse and children. Considerably less than private insurance with generally more services on offer. There is more information in the forums for those wishing to know.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 07:46:47 AM by stoop »

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 09:43:53 AM »
Nearly another £ Grand a year.....is this going to be the straw that breaks the camels back[?] IF it is true that is.....can't find any reference on the site.....and as for the Forum what a load of Cr*p that seems to be. Please post if any one finds a reliable source to this information which is only a couple of months away.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 10:00:42 AM »
Well the forum might seem 'cr*p' to you but I'm sure those that use it find it useful. Terry is a member of this forum and even has a link on her site to CBF.

There is a thread on the forum section about this but as it's Turkey my guess is the official wording is hidden somewhere in the rules and regs.

Offline starman™

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 10:01:47 AM »
I would not take something legit off a forum but if you could find the actual law and number in Turkish from an official site then it would be more helpful.
Sure this is not mixed up with work permits as they have to pay national insurance (SSK)?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf