Author Topic: Broadband max speed ?  (Read 1955 times)

Offline stevebir

« on: October 06, 2010, 13:36:58 PM »
I have asked for 8 meg broadband and was told that Calis telephone exchange centre can not provide more than 4 meg speed max, is this correct....does anyone in Calis have more than 4 meg ?
Steve.

Offline feznut

Broadband max speed ?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 13:56:16 PM »
8mb is available but with copper wire you will never get more than 5mbit. However, seeing their 8mbit without limit is available for a price less than their 4mbit (work that one out) its ok for 49tl/month.

just an add-on.... if you have had 2 years subscription on 1 package you can change without penalty and get free time up to 6 months. i moved from 4mbit to 8mbit reduced to 49tl and got 6 months free after 2 years on 4mbit.

Offline stevebir

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 19:06:57 PM »
Thank you Feznut that is great info, I will ask Smile to give me 8 meg and hopefully get 5meg.

Offline tel

Broadband max speed ?
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 21:03:43 PM »
Hi, I posted earlier that TT was selling 8mb to new clients and existing ones only had to go in to request the same. I get 7mb which is usual for 8mb lines and I live in Koca Calis.It does drop when saturated with users as it is ADSL but still much better than what I was getting for sure.

Offline tel

Broadband max speed ?
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 21:12:17 PM »

Offline starman™

Broadband max speed ?
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 07:57:00 AM »
32mb here but I guess it will be sometime for Calis to catch up.

Offline tel

Broadband max speed ?
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 17:00:16 PM »
Starman, Don't know the maximum speed available,although I guess its nothing like that 32Mb. Its just I was on 1Mb and for a quick visit to TT it was uprated for free,as for new clients starting out. To be honest,don't need anymore speed than this,things are flying LOL. If you look at the speed tests around the world, especially USA, then TR is doing nicely. Regards

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf