Author Topic: Phone registration  (Read 3483 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Phone registration
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 17:14:27 PM »
I went to register my new all singin all dancing English phone at the vodaphone shop. No probs they said and it worked fine with my sim card that has been in use for 3 years. % weeks later I got a txt saying I had a week to re register it as they were going to cut me off. I went to the shop to learn that as I had only had my other phone regfistered for 1 year and 11 months I had to have it done again. Hubbys was no good because we had returned from the U.K 5 weeks earlier and it has to be a passport used in the last month. Got my friend to register it in her name but was told that as I have residency but she doesnt then I can't put my old sim card in that I have to have a new one even though it is unlocked to any network. Now am faced with letting all 130 people on my sim know I am changing my number. Also banks, etc. pain in the a----e. Also had to pay twice for the registration.:(:-\
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 17:15:29 PM by mercury »

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Phone registration
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 11:57:56 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by pasha

I went to the Turkcell shop and was told that you do not need residency to register the phone, but you can only authorise 1 sim card to be used in it.
If you have residency you can authorise up to 5 sim cards.  ;)

I wanted to put a vodaphone sim in my English Nokia 5800, but it wouldn't work as i'd registerd it with Turkcell in June, i have residency, so i don't think they've given you the correct info on that, i can use it in my Turkish Samsung, i thought i might have had to register my Nokia with vodaphone as well, but couldn't do that either. Alan

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Phone registration
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 21:50:11 PM »
Registration is for Turkey as a whole Alan. It doesnt matter which shop it is registered at now. It is true that only authorise  one sim can be used in a newly registered phone if the person who registers it doesnt have residency. I know because I am now having to change my phone number if I want to use my newly bought phone. 28TL for a new sim is a ridiculous price while I am at it.  grrr!!

Offline Tykatem

• Norfolk, UK
Phone registration
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 14:11:47 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kayakebab

so is it technially the sim card youre registering, because what if your handset broke within 2 years?

Is it possible to de-register a UK mobile phone, then register another?

Pete

Offline pasha

Phone registration
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 22:54:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Tykatem

quote:
Originally posted by kayakebab

so is it technially the sim card youre registering, because what if your handset broke within 2 years?

Is it possible to de-register a UK mobile phone, then register another?

Pete

No chance, I registered a brand new Iphone 4 in December that later  developed a fault, I took it to the UK on my last visit and it was replaced after making an appointment at the apple store.

I made sure that they gave me the relevant paperwork to show that the phone had been replaced due to the fault.

I went to the Turkcell shop to change the IMEI number on my registration only to be told "ONE PHONE, I PASSPORT, 2 YEARS, NO EXCEPTIONS".

So if you lose/break/have your phone stolen you are stumped, they blocked it yesterday and I am now basically stuck with a £500.00 Ipod.:-\
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 22:58:03 PM by pasha »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf