Author Topic: Visa change  (Read 4746 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Visa change
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 19:06:18 PM »
There is a member of this forum who went to the london embassy and purchased a 1 year permit, they were in Turkey for a few months and were called back to the UK and on return learnt the hard way that the permit was cancelled because they left Turkey, what a waste of money!

Gordon looked at our passports the other night and noticed that our exit stamp was not stamped July 2010 but May 2011, wonder what will happen when we return before the date of this exit dated stamp?

(memo to members, on our arrival do not stand behind Gordon, I can imagine the uproar should an eagle eyed official start to question re the strange dates, or you may find yourselves arrested with him ...lol)

Offline holidayworld

Visa change
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 20:13:35 PM »
I've just had a 6 month Multi-Entry visa from London and have had NO problem getting in and out of Turkey, but I would say use the info above and get yours from Turkey when you get there it will be cheaper and a lot less messing around. Only do it in London if it is really necessary and you cannot do it in Turkey.

Offline lewis.wensley

Visa change
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 18:34:30 PM »
holidayworld
how,were and when.....and how much does it cost???
regards jo

Offline holidayworld

Visa change
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 09:55:38 AM »
Hi Jo
http://www.turkishconsulate.org.uk/en/visa.asp
that's the link for the Visa but you will need to make an appointment over the net, download the paperwork fill it in make sure you have some passport pic's once you have your appointment go to there office in London. The price was around £70 plus I had to leave my passport with them and pay around £6 for them to send the passport back with the NEW VISA stamp in. It took about 1 week all together.

For the appointment http://www.turkishconsulate.org.uk/en/visa/default.asp
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 09:56:41 AM by holidayworld »

Offline Eric

Visa change
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 13:16:08 PM »
£70, plus postage for a 1 year multiple entry visa as opposed to getting a new multiple entry visa every 3 months - cost £40 and no postage?????

Offline starman™

Visa change
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 14:56:22 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by holidayworld

Hi Jo
http://www.turkishconsulate.org.uk/en/visa.asp
that's the link for the Visa but you will need to make an appointment over the net, download the paperwork fill it in make sure you have some passport pic's once you have your appointment go to there office in London. The price was around £70 plus I had to leave my passport with them and pay around £6 for them to send the passport back with the NEW VISA stamp in. It took about 1 week all together.

For the appointment http://www.turkishconsulate.org.uk/en/visa/default.asp

When there are people willing to fall for this scam the consulate will keep doing it. Did you factor in the costs of getting to London etc? 70 pounds for 6 months is a rip off and yet I see on their site they want 245 quid for a 1 year visa which is more then 3 times the cost of a 6 month one or 6 years of pay at the airport visas.
Really there are some serious mugs out there if they pay 245 quid for a one year visa.

Offline Steve A

Visa change
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 15:47:19 PM »
Visa question - My mother will be coming out for 10 days in June ,she will get her normal 3 month visa the £10.She will be coming back in july,visa still valid,will stay 2 weeks in July,all of August,September and 2 weeks in October but her visa will have expired at beginning of September.However if when she comes back in July disregards June visa and pays for another this will last her until she leaves in October.Can it be done like that or will she have to leave upon expiry of the June visa ?

Offline kizkucuk

Visa change
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 16:28:01 PM »
Steve if she gets a 3 month visa she will be able to buy a new one when she comes in second time and stary for 90 days but if when she comes in June the new 180/90 visa is back in force she will only be able to stay for 90/180 days she will be able to make multiple entries but will have to leave after she has spent 90 days in the country on that visa which may cause problems - we are still awaiting the outcome of the visa discussions.

Offline Steve A

Visa change
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 16:33:36 PM »
Thanks Kizkucuk do you know when the outcome of the visa discussions is likely to be ?

Offline col

Visa change
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 17:55:57 PM »

Disccusions on this are still on-going, or so it seems!
Also, IF or when the new rules come in, there is supposed to a three month period of notice, so as to give tourists etc time to arrange, plan and so on. But as we all know, nothing can or no doubt will be certain just yet. I would believe most people would at least still hope that the '3 months notice' will be given.

quote:
Originally posted by Steve A

Thanks Kizkucuk do you know when the outcome of the visa discussions is likely to be ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf