Author Topic: Missing Credit.  (Read 1530 times)

Offline scouser2

Missing Credit.
« on: February 23, 2011, 18:01:47 PM »
We look after our neighbours mobile phone and top up every 3 months. I put 20TL credit on the mobi in January, the pre top up balance was -4.5TL, so when the top up was completed the balance was 15.5TL.Today I went to put 20TL credit on the phone as our neighbours are due to arrive tonight. When the credit went on, the balance was showing as 15.5TL. I queried this with an English speaking Turkcell Customer service operator. I was told that the credit had gone on in January, and was then transfered to another mobi number bringing the balance back down to -4.5TL.I do not know how this was done as the mobi was switched off after the credit was put on.I can only assume that the shop that put it on, transfered it to the other number.I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Missing Credit.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 06:36:47 AM »
It's very likely that the credit has been transferred. Once somebody has had access to a phone for a couple of minutes they're able to gain enough details to "steal" as much credit from it as they want.

Offline scouser2

Missing Credit.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 08:16:46 AM »
Thanks for the reply KKOB. Does this mean that they can still 'liberate' credit from this mobi any time it is topped up? even if the mobi is topped up in another shop?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 08:17:48 AM by scouser2 »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Missing Credit.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 20:26:19 PM »
Probably

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf