Author Topic: Do you need help with your residency ?  (Read 4750 times)

Offline Eric

Re: Do you need help with your residency ?
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 08:46:42 AM »
Do you not think that Carol and Tayfun contacted your Muhtar?

In Uzumlu it could be the Taylor or Ramazan the Berber/grocer, or another who I don't know.  It depends where you live in the village.  The best bet is to see Ramazan, tell him where yoy live and he will put you in contact with your Muhtar.

Offline Marg

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 09:14:09 AM »
Yes probably they did - I was just saying that we didn't  have to do anything other than 15 mins in Carole and Tayfuns then pick up residency from the passport police a couple of weeks later.

Offline Sus

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 09:47:30 AM »
Thanks Eric we will go and see him when we are over.

Marg it states on Carole and Tayfuns website that you need this form before making an appointment with them, but as you say you did not have to do it so  maybe as Eric said they got in touch with them or you no longer need it.

When I bought the house I had to go and see the Muhtar or Mayor as they called him and register with him and pay him fifty lira at the Belediye, so thought that is where I would maybe have to go this time.

Offline Marg

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 10:21:44 AM »
Yes Sus I asked them if we still had to go to the Jandarma as well as the Muhtar which is what I had heard - they emailed me back to say we now didn't need to do either and they sent me a revised list of documentation. It was certainly stress-free!

Offline Sus

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 10:58:45 AM »
Hi Marg,

Carole has just emailed me and told me the same that there is no need to go to the Muhtar anymore that makes life easier.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf