Author Topic: Exchange Rates  (Read 6953 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Exchange Rates
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 22:25:21 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Karennina

I looked at M&S yesterday Jacqui and you had to be a store card holder to order on line, what is the other place I have not heard of that is it an online currency ordering? many thanks :)

Hi Karennina,
This is the website for Travel F X Ltd., http://www.travelfx.co.uk/?gclid=CJaZ4JPR0KcCFYob4Qodoz22DQ
I got 2.58 at the end of May,  they always give the best rates in the U.K. ;)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 22:26:35 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Exchange Rates
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 22:29:33 PM »
Thank you Jacqui that is brilliant :)

Offline Julesp

Exchange Rates
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 22:38:30 PM »
My bloke, who used to be in banking here is forecasting that the lire will continue to rise through the summer and beyond.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 07:41:40 AM »
Thats what is concerning. For the last few years there has been a bit of a cycle with the Lira weakening over the summer months and strengthening outside of this.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Exchange Rates
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 08:26:06 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Julesp

My bloke, who used to be in banking here is forecasting that the lire will continue to rise through the summer and beyond.

Julie that's what I have heard too, but there is an expectation that it will peak in the next couple of months somewhere around 2.65TL to the £.  Subject, of course, to the 'new' Turkish Government not making any surprise annoucements about the Turkish economy that was held back during the election campaign:-\

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Exchange Rates
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 09:33:14 AM »
Oh I am back in  dilemma now whether to order in UK or wait until four weeks time when we are out :D

Offline Babadaq Bridge

Exchange Rates
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 19:35:14 PM »
Thanks Jacqui for such useful info - will definitely consider those options for future trips x

Offline Christie

Exchange Rates
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 13:45:25 PM »
When we were over in Calis in June for the entire time we were there (just over 4 weeks) the rate stayed static in Calis at 2.50 or 2.51.   This seemed to be artificially low compared to the rates offered in Fethiye which ranged from 2.58/2.57 and once it went down to the lowest figure of 2.52.   All the usual people who change money in Calis do not appear to have the boards out any longer.   We go to Fethiye quite often anyway, so we nearly always changed our money there and got much better rates.   This is something we have not noticed before in Calis.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Exchange Rates
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 17:15:37 PM »
anyone who changes money and doesn't work at the bank or in an exchnage place runs the risk of losing money by the time they get it to the bank. This is why the rate on the street is lower.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Exchange Rates
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 17:19:50 PM »
of course they may also benifit by making a profit too, but this is why they offer this service  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf