Author Topic: Alcho-water, wine water, Kilju  (Read 3693 times)

Offline screamlead

Alcho-water, wine water, Kilju
« on: September 04, 2011, 14:25:31 PM »
Heres a recipe for something i am going to have fun with - making and drinking.

The posh name is - Kilju - or Wine Water - or Alcoholic Water.

Dead easy to make and as a bonus you can add anything you like to it to make for instance Alcho Coke, Dandilion and Burdock, any syrup based flavours. Make your own Blue Wickeds - or Alco vimto,ribina,blackcurrant etc etc

RECIPE -
1 X 5ltr bottle of water
Nutrient - Epsom Salts, Vitamin B1 tab or Andrews 1 t spoon
Juice of 1 lemon
800g Sugar
Yeast

METHOD
Bring to the boil 1.5 ltr of water and turn off the heat and add sugar to disolve. Pour 300 ml into a jug and add cold water to 600ml to cool it. Add nutrient, lemon juice,and give it a stir then add a t spoon of yeast, then leave for an hour to get going.
Pour rest of water syrup into bottle and add cold up to neck of bottle again to cool it.
After an hour or when yeasties show signs of multiplying add them to bottle and shake it then top up to about 2 inches from top.
Add an airlock or cotton wool to top of bottle or replace top but loosely tightend so gas can escape.
sit back for around 15 days until it looks like this with no more bubbling = =

Then the fun begins - best stuff to add is DIET coke mix for Sodastreams or in fact any of the sodastream flavors but must be diet. Ratio is 10ml per litre or 200ml per 5ltr.
The reason the diet stuff is used is it contains no sugar and only non fermentable sweetners.
If you use stuff with sugar in it like syrup flavours you will need to keep an eye on the bottles as it will start fermenting again.
Use old 1 ltr pop bottles and prime with 1 t spoon of sugar - leave for 5 days to carbonate then fridge to drink. You can also add the flavours to the plain alco water on drinking too. That may stop the over carbonation, but the diet stuff you can add as you bottle. Those green fizzy water bottles are good for this as they can withstand pressure and are PET bottles and food safe.

Finished article could look like this - -

Now who fancies - 17% coke!!!!!:D:D:D:P
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 14:28:50 PM by screamlead »

Offline jackstee

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 14:35:34 PM »
OK first gallon on the go.

If it works ok then I will probably only make this in the future.

Had a gollon of peach wine, didn't tast to "peachy" at all and could hardly tast the alchol. Added a bottle of the new Vodka & peach liquore that you can get in Migros for 24 TL.

Brillant. Now have a gollon plus of peach liquore.

Offline screamlead

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 17:08:19 PM »
LOL - you can keep topping up with a sugar solution as fermentation slows - each time add 100ml water to 50g sugar (made into syrup), you can push it up to 17-22% this way. But a few friends advocate diluting to 10 ltr if you do as its a party wreaker - ie everyone smashed too quick - ha ha.
My melon rum is in the fridge maturing and dropping sediment too! and also my Lemoncello (lemon rind soaked in voddy) is ready to bottle at the weekend. Just bottled 9ltr of red orange wine and more sour cherry cider.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf