Author Topic: The Job Scene  (Read 5901 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
The Job Scene
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2005, 18:51:48 PM »
You can't teach English, you're American !! LOLOL

Offline xanadu

The Job Scene
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2005, 20:08:47 PM »
Kaytee it is so hard to find work here unless you are Turkish. The TEFL course is your best bet. The government make it so hard to get a work permit even if your employer does all the required paper work and most won't. I understand it is to protect their own and I have to say the British government could take a leaf out their books.But to get back on track, tourism and teaching seem to be all you can do really. You can open a limited company, we have two, but we still covered our backs with work permits and it took months. E mail me if you want help or more info.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
The Job Scene
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2005, 00:04:43 AM »
So if you bought a bar you'd need to make it a ltd co?

Offline xanadu

The Job Scene
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2005, 09:50:58 AM »
Yes indeed and a Turkish national would have to be on the limited company.

Offline Kaytee

The Job Scene
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2005, 12:06:31 PM »
That's interesting. How difficult is it to register as a Ltd company there?

Offline xanadu

The Job Scene
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2005, 15:30:53 PM »
Its a lot of paper work and it has to be a company that employs Turkish people. You need to contact an accoutnant and they will help you do it.

Offline xanadu

The Job Scene
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2005, 17:38:26 PM »
Or even an accountant.......lol

Offline Gina

The Job Scene
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2005, 21:01:32 PM »
Xanadu ...Hi
You have helped me before on doggie problems so if you can , a bit of advice on this subject please.
we move out to Ovacik on 1st april ...yes I know april fools day and maybe we will be !!!
We have already paid our half share on the rental of a shop with a turkish partner { we have known him for about 7 years}
The idea is that we will open up and work the early hours when the shop is not too busy and then he and a couple of Turkish workers will take over from there.
He didnt seem too aware of the work permit rules and asked if we could sort this out before leaving England. I explained what we knew re work permit regs and suggested that we would have to go into "official" patnership or create a Ltd company as we will NOT work illegally and risk deportation .
If we've been done then although would rather not loose our money it hasn't cost us dear in our learning curve.
can you shed any light on the situation we find ourselves in as i'm sure there is loads we don't have a clue about.

Many thanks in anticipation

Gina

Offline kanga

The Job Scene
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2005, 02:55:26 AM »
wow,this is a question and a half,don't know the answer,but i'm sure lots do ,use the search engine to find out
kanga

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
The Job Scene
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2005, 23:42:36 PM »
some friends of ours are having the same problem. They moved out to Marmaris last October and have rented shop premises with the intention of opening as an English pie shop. They have lots of interest for it from ex-pats, restaurants, hotels etc and I think it will be a success. Anyway they are now having difficulty getting their work permits even though they have paid a lot of money to a solicitor to apply for them. They intend employing some Turkish staff.  Any suggestions for them?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf