Author Topic: help required to buy a second hand car  (Read 3731 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
help required to buy a second hand car
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 06:21:12 AM »
well finally our car buying mission is complete!
the British seller hasn't got residency, which doesn't make it illegal to sell but the computer system needs an 11 digit number for the seller....
so the notary needed Mugla to apply to Ankara for a number, the first didn't work, then they couldn't get hold of the lady who issued it so mission abandoned.
new number issued and all sorted yesterday.

want to praise and thank Koray Atak at this point , he was brilliant, where some others had simply said it couldn't be done he perservered for us.

notary fee was flat fee 86tl. you have to have a sworn translator with you at the notary.

anyway.... off to the insurance company where we purchased  mandatory insurance 160 tl. they wanted 1100tl for fully comp on a 13 year old car!

paperwork prepared by insurer to take to Mugla.

no change of plates needed as its ME, and no requirement to go to Patlangic Polis now.

insurer would have arranged poa to go to Mugla for us but we've never been and apparently there's nice cheap food up there!
I dint know what they charge for this.

conflicting info.... notary told us we must go to Mugla within 4 weeks, insurer said 2.

notary said we need an X2 form to take there, insurer said we don't as no plate change.

will keep you posted !

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 06:32:01 AM »
Linda, Thursday is market day in Mugla. I wouldn't say that the prices on the market are hugely different to either Calis or Fethiye markets. I didn't look around the food shops in the town, so can't comment on the prices in them. Also, as you go into Mugla, there's an outlet centre, all the usual suspect clothing stores

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 07:22:44 AM »
thanks Liz, I'm looking forward to our little road trip even more now

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 10:04:48 AM »
Just to highlight a few differences with another purchase done on the same day (helped Lance get his new car), don't you just love Turkish red tape!

quote:
Originally posted by kayakebab

notary fee was flat fee 86tl. you have to have a sworn translator with you at the notary.

Notary fee must be variable, buyer paid appx 300tl, the seller nothing, I believe it goes on the value of the car but not 100% sure on that. No sworn translator yesterday, just me Lance & the seller, my Turkish certainly isn't anything like good enough :D

anyway.... off to the insurance company where we purchased  mandatory insurance 160 tl. they wanted 1100tl for fully comp on a 13 year old car!

170tl for a 2006 Fiat Albea, not sure what the f/c price was, didn't ask!

paperwork prepared by insurer to take to Mugla.
no change of plates needed as its ME, and no requirement to go to Patlangic Polis now. insurer would have arranged poa to go to Mugla for us but we've never been and apparently there's nice cheap food up there!
I dint know what they charge for this.

Agents wages were 60tl + transport costs. Total including all the necessary additions like new plates (Turkish reg to Yabanci reg), paperwork etc. was just over 300tl (this included the 170tl insurance which the agent arranged included in his 60tl & a 20tl "bung" to get him to the front of the queue in Mugla, nice touch!) I think the 60tl was dirt cheap compared to the cost of getting to Mugla & back.

conflicting info.... notary told us we must go to Mugla within 4 weeks, insurer said 2.
notary said we need an X2 form to take there, insurer said we don't as no plate change.

will keep you posted !

Happy trip to Mugla Linda & John, hope you find everything ok, I don't think anything involving Turkish red tape will ever be easy!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf