Author Topic: telephone line  (Read 2146 times)

Offline busybee

telephone line
« on: April 18, 2005, 22:51:12 PM »
How do you go about getting a telephone line and is there a long wait?Is the line rental expensive? If you can't get one its the end of surfin the net and this great site.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
telephone line
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 07:05:12 AM »
The best way to go about it is get a Turkish friend to go with you to the Turktelekom office to help you complete the paperwork. It helps if you know the telephone number of your nearest neighbour and their surname. I don't know whether this applies in Calis, but in the villages apparently this makes it easier for Turktelekom to establish exactly where your property is. Line rental is very cheap. I've heard though, that there are parts of Fethiye where there are not any new lines available.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
telephone line
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 11:12:56 AM »
Waited several months for ours in Fethiye but our very helpful agent was on the case all the time for us. Finally got it installed in our absence in the name of a "Turkish Friend".  Now we have our residents visa all we have to do is have it transferred which I understand is a very simple matter.
Different plugs to uk though.... dont know if it is possible to change these to use UK equipment or if you can get an adaptor. Anyone got any information on this?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
telephone line
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 16:46:12 PM »
Most telephone shops will sell you an adaptor or will make up a cable for you.

Offline n/a

• deleted
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 09:10:03 AM »
we have english telephone equipment in both our house and our office and all works perfectly.
  if you look under the telephone, where the lead connects, if this is a plug in lead you will be able to unplug the english lead & plug in a turkish lead as the telephone end of the lead is the same.
  The same applies to your computor connection

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
telephone line
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 09:35:00 AM »
Thanks guys....thats saved me buying a new phone :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf