Author Topic: Goalposts moved again  (Read 4476 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Goalposts moved again
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 11:17:22 AM »
I posted this link on my FB wall and Lynda, whose husband Yakup (located in Hippy Chick opposite the Mulberry Tree) deals with Resident Permit applications has posted the following information.

"I think we have a classic case of 'regional discrepancies here' Yakup went to the Passport police this week to enquire about this and they said 'forget it'. He has also applied for several 1st time residencies (rentals) and they haven't restricted them.

Also I notice that this article doesn't list the Muhtar registration paper (for 1st timers) Or the Population Department registration paper (for extensions) both of these are required in Fethiye. Kim biliyor"!

and

"Further update. In Fethiye, they say this rule is for Russians and non EU citizens".

Looks like its business as usual in Fethiye   :)

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 12:03:34 PM »
This is the way it has always been in Antalya region.
Maximum 1 year for first application, maximum 3 years for second application and maximum 5 years for third application.

Offline starman

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 13:26:43 PM »
Istanbul you need,
passport (A group country)
e-rendezvous appointment
5 photos
application form
dilekci
Turkish bank account statement or foreign exchange receipt to show 300 USD per month of residential stay (ie show 3600 USD or equivalant to get a 12 month permit)
A group citizens can apply for up to 5 years (depending on validity of passport) on 1st, 2nd or 27th application

No deed requested no rental agreement and no muhtar stuff (foreigners here dont know what they are)

Only downside is if you wanted to apply for an RP now, you wont get an appointment till earliest November.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 15:45:43 PM »
I am going to slap my hands now for this, Starman, do you think it is a case of persons not knowing the difference between residency permits and residency visas, maybe this is where much of the confusion lies? 

3 years now since ours expired and I have not a clue which one we had, probably did the day we handed the money over so I am no help at all.
 :-\ 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf