Author Topic: Fairly New Member  (Read 1901 times)

Offline raff

Fairly New Member
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2005, 22:48:38 PM »
We went in may last year - I'm afraid the mozzies like you at any time of the year but I've taken the advice of people on the forum and have been eating Marmite and taking vitamin B1 so I hope I won't get eaten this year!! The problem with the Golden Moon is that if you don't book a room with a balcony (which costs extra) then you end up with a room in the attic!! The Golden Moon isn't far from the sea but I don't think you will actually have a full sea view-the canal is in front of the hotel and there are restaurants and bars in front of that. We didn't have a fridge in our room, so I don't think fridges are standard. Despite that- I think the Golden Moon is excellent- the staff are top quality and the location is excellent- you are next to the beach, bars and restaurants. When you arrive leave your name at the bar and hopefully we can meet up - failing that we will meet up at the Forum Bar.

Offline TraceyM

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2005, 12:27:37 PM »
Hi Sheila

Nice to hear about your plans, and your excellent taste in choosing Calis.
We have just bought a shared apartment with my parents, who are in Calis at the moment 8th 22nd May and staying at he Seril 2 hotel. I am coming out on the 23rd for a week just me and my 4 and 8 year old!Also with First Choice, but our accom. is allocated on arrival- who knows we may also be at the Golden Moon!
Look out for tall worried dark haired lady with 2 noisy children Kathryn 8 and William 4 and that'll be me!!

Good luck with your trip.
Tracey

Offline kanga

Fairly New Member
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2005, 22:34:09 PM »
elcome to the forum,great thinking to pick calis
have a nice holiday
Kanga

Offline Sillybilly

Fairly New Member
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2005, 23:46:41 PM »
Hi Sheila, welcome to the forum