Author Topic: Remer Hotel Calis  (Read 5474 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Remer Hotel Calis
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 13:07:48 PM »
Have any CBF members stayed here since it has become an all inclusive hotel, there appear to be mixed reviews on trip advisor, I wondered what the all in includes as in is it three main meals a day, soft drinks and beer and local spirits, don't think I have ever been on an all in holiday before so would be grateful for any replies  :)

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 16:28:34 PM »
I've been to two all inclusive hotels and wouldn't go again (Benidorm & Bugaria).  Most all inclusive hotels provide three main meals, plus snacks and ice cream in between with alcoholic and soft drinks, tea & coffee throughout the day.  Entertainment and activities usually feature as well.
Some friends who usually stay at the Remer went to the Mendos They went into the Remer, but said that on the face of it, everything looked the same.  Most all inclusive hotels restrict service to all but their own guests which would be difficult in the Remer.  It will be interesting t hear what people say but it does seem expensive for what they would be able to offer.  As far as I know, the rooms have not been refurbished and the pool is not child friendly.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 19:38:34 PM »
Having never stayed in a hotel in Turkey, I was shocked to see the prices quoted without flights.  My friend and I rent a 2-bedroomed apartment in a small complex with lovely pool, nice gardens and terrace with barbecue etc.  All mod cons included, no extras to pay, and all for less than £200 per apartment.  Even taking flights etc. into consideration it usually works out to around £400 each, on top of this we have the freedom to eat out every night at a different place, shop in the local supermarket, and take our own duty free drink with us. Why anyone should want to be in a noisy, cramped room, when a little research on holiday lettings site (or similar) can provide your own modern apartment, well it baffles me!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2013, 19:49:54 PM »
Even taking flights etc. into consideration it usually works out to around £400 each,

We would have been approximately £ 145 each more than that for a flight.

Why anyone should want to be in a noisy, cramped room, when a little research on holiday lettings site (or similar) can provide your own modern apartment, well it baffles me!

That's why we booked the Oykun which certianly didn't have a noisy, cramped room.

We have used apartments in the last few years but the flight prices were just plain daft

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2013, 20:11:24 PM »
I agree, Highlander.  The price of flights is pretty ridiculous especially if you're flying from Scotland. I've even heard of people taking a package holiday just to take advantage of the flight and then making their own arrangements for accommodation. I am fortunate that I can trawl the internet and pick and choose when and where I go.  My biggest mistake was an all inclusive package holiday to Sunny Beach in Bulgaria in May this year. I'm doing a tour of Turkey for half the price and that includes flights, transfers and hotels.  I hope the tour operators and flight operators see sense and reduce their prices for 2014 otherwise holiday destinations are sunk.  They're floundering as it is now.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2013, 20:17:52 PM »
But they do adjust them, as they do flights - as demand wanes, prices automatically fall, and if demand exceeds expectations, clever programs up prices. The result is, they sell all they have, with the exception of a few such as early and late season.

I can't remember the last time I was on a half empty flight to or from Turkey - can you?

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2013, 20:22:34 PM »
My brother is due to stay in the Remer in September. I didn't think the prices were that bad, £150 per person per week AI, 63tl a day at today's exchange rate, he'll do more than that in beer a day ;D

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/holiday/holiday-hotel-availability.aspx?hsid=23b5fde3-e088-431e-99da-9bfa0d5268cc

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2013, 20:38:50 PM »
We fly with monarch from Luton to Dalaman and have never paid more than £300 booking online return.  We do not travel in peak season but usually in early June or October.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2013, 20:49:47 PM »
Just checked my diary and we paid £546.00 including reserved seats, luggage and meals for the 2 of us on 6th June returning 17th June, day flights.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2013, 21:34:25 PM »
many thanks for all replies and suggestions... I thought I had found a bargain which meant we could flit between our apartment and also have all inclusive as well cheaper then the price of one return  flight, but sadly it was not the case when I phoned the company and my call was answered by a real "computer says no" type of person I was told that the "bargain" holiday I had found was actually not so much of a bargain after all as the price was based on three people sharing, also due to the fact that it was a charter flight (this was computer says no's words)you have to either take all or no luggage as in you can not take just one case for the hold it has to be two or nothing at a cost of £95, so my £340 holiday suddenly became £420 or sumat like that per person!!! I think it is really naughty of these companies being allowed to do this.... back to square one  :) :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf