Author Topic: Renewing SGK when Residency Expires  (Read 2558 times)

Offline Denton

Renewing SGK when Residency Expires
« on: December 29, 2012, 15:27:12 PM »
Don`t know if anyone has had to do this, but any info would be appreciated.  My friend has been on SGK since last April and he needs to renew his Residency this April.  Do you have to go into the SGK Office and redo the paperwork so you can carry on with SGK once you get your Residency renewed.
I  heard a rumour that once your Residency expires SGK is automatically cancelled.

Offline tytots

Re: Renewing SGK when Residency Expires
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 16:32:48 PM »
We did this recently, after you get your residency back just go to SGK office & they will update your records, you don't have to redo the paperwork.

Offline Denton

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 18:27:59 PM »
Thanks for the prompt and encouraging reply.  After doing all the paper work for Residency, it is good to know  you don`t have to redo the paper work for the SGK. 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 18:34:07 PM »
And amazing to know :D

Offline Lezlig

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 13:15:37 PM »
When I renewed my residency last September I just took my blue book and the original letter I had from them confirming my acceptance and they updated their records.   I did have a bit of bother as my local office is in Ortaca and no one there spoke any English but eventually they understood what I wanted to do!

Offline quackers

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 13:25:05 PM »
I was told by the SGK offıce when you renew your resıdency ıt ıs always best to check your SGK ıs stıll current ıt gets cancelled automatıcally ıf you are late renewıng resıdency. They presume you are not here anymore and no longer requıre ıt.

Offline Flower-Pot

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 12:26:19 PM »
They cancel it, even if you aren't late in renewing. I applied and had my payment in a few days before it expired, and still had to go to SGK with the book to reinstate it. Simple enough though, for a change  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf