Author Topic: Push Bikes  (Read 4641 times)

Offline raygans

Push Bikes
« on: January 11, 2013, 23:38:07 PM »
Does anyone know the best place to buy pushbikes in the calis area,any info greatly appreciated.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Re: Push Bikes
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 23:53:26 PM »
The 2 bike shops on the Baris Manco Boulevard are well stocked, but not sure on prices.
  :)

Offline snowtop

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 09:43:28 AM »
The one at side of the pork shop seems to get more customers than the other one and his after sales is very good

Offline sadler

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 09:56:15 AM »
We bought 2 bikes from the one next to the pork shop about 3 years ago.  His after sales service is exceptionally good.  Prices very comparable as well.  :)

Offline philrose

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 10:14:14 AM »
At the moment the other bike shop has the better range of bikes. However this could change in the next few months as the guy who has the bike shop next to the pork shop is planning a massive extension with a large showroom and a full range of bikes. Well that is what he told me last month, of course this is Turkey, so it may never happen!

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 11:19:55 AM »
There was a post on this a little while ago, but I can't find it.

Lykia2go is a good shop, I have bought 2 Salcano bikes there, the owner speaks good english. This is along the main road between Calis and Fethiye.

Also along that road, opposite the Zakuum restaurant is another shop. The owner and his wife run the Fethiye cycling group. He has a good range of bikes too incuding Specialized, Scott and Giant, selling urban, road and racing bikes. I use him now to service my Scott and have been happy with his service. He is Romanian and speaks a little English and would recommend this shop.

The prices for both shops compare with UK prices, but the after sales (service etc) are considerably better value than the UK. If you are looking for a decent bike and a good choice, then I would have a look at both of these shops. Otherwise there are bike shops both in Fethiye and Calis that sell cheaper makes, which are basic, lower quality, so it depends on how long you want to the bike to last and what you need it for.

Offline IanK

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 14:32:39 PM »
We bought ours (both new Salcano's) from the shop in Fethiye  near the main Migros store - on the opposite side of the main road to Migros a little further out of town (maybe Lykia2go).

Costs were less than UK equivalent and the bikes have good equipment (Shimano gears etc) rather than some of the cheaper bikes that have less reliable kit.

We were told to take them back after 2 weeks riding for a check up - which in our case was 6 months later  on our next visit to Turkey - they were more than happy to do the check up even after all that time.

I wouldnt hesitate to but from them again.

Ian

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 18:28:53 PM »
I used Ali to service my borrowed bike last year, excellent service & very cheap too! Found him to be helpful & friendly even though he knew it was only going to be a service as opposed to a sale.

His shop is the one just up from PJ's so NOT the one next to the Pork Shop who tried to rip me of with the price of hiring a bike!

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 22:58:03 PM »
by the pork shop in calis and fair price and also he can do repairs

Offline raygans

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 22:18:18 PM »
Thanks for your replies,have given the Mrs a notebook so she doesnt forget anything lol ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf