Author Topic: Applying for residency before we leave UK  (Read 3486 times)

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
Applying for residency before we leave UK
« on: February 04, 2013, 12:43:46 PM »
Has anyone in CBFland applied for residency at the Turkish Consulate (London) before retiring to Fethiye ?
Looking at the consulate webisite it appears to be possible but I just wondered how easy it is.
(We would have to be in possession of our rental contract and all the financial proof beforehand of course)

Offline angela

Re: Applying for residency before we leave UK
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 12:45:20 PM »
going somewhere then???   ;)

Offline apollo

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 14:01:00 PM »
It is not worth the trouble or the expense. You have to do it all again when you get here.( I think the cash goes towards their Christmas party)

Come in on tourist visa and then apply for residency.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 21:18:33 PM »
It is not worth the trouble or the expense. You have to do it all again when you get here.( I think the cash goes towards their Christmas party)

Come in on tourist visa and then apply for residency.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 21:36:08 PM »
Nikki the once owner of The Palms with Koray, originally came to Turkey on such a visa from the London consulate, however; she was only in Turkey for a few months when she had to return to UK for a week on personal matters.  On her return she found out very quick that the visa she had paid for expired once she left the country and therefore had to go through it all again in Turkey, effectively paying twice in one year.
It is so cheap now to get the visa why bother with the one from the UK?

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 07:46:18 AM »
The main reason for doing it in UK is that we will be travelling with two Jack Russells (by air) and pre-booked excess baggage (6-8 suitcases) and didn't want any customs hassle (I thought having residency might make it easier ?)

Offline screamlead

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 08:27:46 AM »
Just get the tourist visa on entry,  then after 90 days go get your residency it only takes a week to 10 days. If you have someone who knows their way around you can do all the paperwork in a day no problem.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 08:49:55 AM »
You can do your residency in the first month of entry to Turkey or in the last 15 days of your visitor visa.

Offline starman

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 03:06:20 AM »
The main reason for doing it in UK is that we will be travelling with two Jack Russells (by air) and pre-booked excess baggage (6-8 suitcases) and didn't want any customs hassle (I thought having residency might make it easier ?)

Makes no difference. A visa is just that, a visa. It is not a permit which you can only get once you are in Turkey. Having a residence visa or permit makes no difference to shipping pets or excess baggage as only a passport is needed. In fact if you wanted to bring in a container full of furniture, you still dont need a residence (just a tax number and a 2 year lease or tapu)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf