Author Topic: Veranda Bar  (Read 1530 times)

Offline fernando torres

Veranda Bar
« on: April 23, 2013, 07:45:24 AM »
Went to the Veranda Bar last night for a drink, they were not run off their feet just another two occupied tables.
Waited 15 minutes for our order to be taken, didn't have any EFes, so ordered Tubourg and two glasses red wine.
Ten minutes later drinks arrived ,red wine was fridge cold.
when we asked for the bill I commented that the wine should have been room temperature and not so cold , the waiter just said Oh,
Sent a young boy over with the bill, wine was 9TL a glass and 7TL for the Tubourg.
So if you want a nice COLD red wine this is the place to go. Needless to say we wont be making a second visit.

Offline littlereddevil

Re: Veranda Bar
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 08:03:01 AM »
Yes we found them very slow. The main courses were good although the starters were not so good and very expensive.
Most places I pay 8 ytl for wine but cem can in the fish market  charged me 10 ytl

Offline mac2010

Re: Veranda Bar
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 08:23:37 AM »
It might be just me but if the wine was not served correctly at the time why wait until the bill comes to mention it.I am sure if the beer was warm you would have sent it back! When ever I have a problem anywhere I sort it there and then and not wait till the end.Maybe your opinion of this eatery would have been better if dealt with at the beginning.I have eaten here a few times and found it very nice,yes more expensive than some but its not a cheap place to be and run a business..

Offline Lotty

Veranda Bar
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 08:23:49 AM »
Never paid that at Cem & Can, but it depends on if it was a special wine, hard to say because we always buy a bottle (or 2!). A glass of house wine in most places is 7 or 8 TL. Bottles in restaurants now cost minimum 35 TL - so I suppose it depends on the size of glass etc.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf