Author Topic: Telephone advice required  (Read 2005 times)

Offline davewalsh

Telephone advice required
« on: June 25, 2005, 14:41:04 PM »
What is the best way to get access to mobile phones in Turkey. I just got the Orange bill from our May visit and wow, it hurt.

My wife and I are never in each others pockets on hokliday so it will be good to keep a couple of mobiles, or one Turkey provided and an English mobile at a push.

Can we get pay as you go phones from a Turkish provider ?

What is best for 2005 ?

Any advice greatefully accepted.

dave walsh

Offline gunna

• Aldershot, UK
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 14:59:11 PM »
hi dave
yes you can get a pay as you go sim card from turkcell you can buy 100 200 300 400 500 units the 100 cost about 20million you will need your passport and you will need to sign a form but thats about it apart from the fact that you need to top it up after 3 months and use it every six months if you want to keep the number that you will obtain in turkey some company's such as all aspects property services who are based in calis will do the topup for you email me and i will give the details of them to you
hope this helps
best regards chris

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 15:30:11 PM »
Buy your mobiles over here the're cheaper in England then go to one of the Turkcell shops in Fethiye for the sim card and top up card,
you will be expected to sit down and have a cup of Apple Tea while they do it for you:P

Tinx

Offline raff

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 16:59:02 PM »
We got our first Turkish sim card from Turkcell last year and didn't realise about having to top it up so we lost the credit and the number. A Turkish friend of ours advused us to use Aria this time- you don't have to top it up every 3 months and you keep the number indefinately. Its more or less the same price as Turkcell and we went to a little shop just past the post office in the Calis direction (same side of the road)in Fethiye.

Offline tina b

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 21:07:21 PM »
I did in fact puchase an aria sim card last year, for exactly that reason i was advised that there was no rstriction on topping up the phone when youre not in turkey, but on arrival this year the service was not available on the phone. The number had been barred, at the moment I am not aware of a network that you dont have to top up on a regular basis. I will add that the reception on aria was terrible.

Offline Gary-O

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 07:11:13 AM »
Hi Dave & welcome to the forum.
The best two companies for reception and coverage are Turkcell and Telsim. I had a Telsim sim card (Not Telsim My cep) that had a 2 year period on before expiry.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf