Author Topic: Turkey and the Electronic Cigarette.  (Read 3685 times)

Offline pops

• Craig
Turkey and the Electronic Cigarette.
« on: June 05, 2014, 21:45:37 PM »
I am under the impression that E-Cigs are banned, both their purchase and their use and I also understand that they are regularly taken into Turkey and used quite openly by many tourists.
I have read however, that this season, a few people have been stopped at the airports and had them confiscated.
Can anyone enlighten me regarding the "Legal" stance here and also what is happening "in reality"
Many thanks.

Offline Menthol

Re: Turkey and the Electronic Cigarette.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 21:59:05 PM »
All I know is that our gardener has lost his and told us that he can only get another E-cigarette via the internet as they are banned from sale in Turkey.

Offline pops

• Craig
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 22:13:40 PM »
Thanks for that Menthol.
My main concern is the airport. If we get through with them without any problems, then I wouldn't be too worried if we had a problem in resort and had one confiscated. But if we had them confiscated at the airport, it would be all of our batteries and cartridges which would be our supply for 14 days. Inconvenient for two people who've been off tobacco all year and also no small amount of monetary value either.
Been scouring the internet for a definitive answer all evening, with little success. I've managed to establish that they are banned but also have been reading many forum posts (not CBF) stating that tourists are using them with no problems.

What to do eh?

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 22:20:03 PM »
If they are banned I and I don't know the answer to that but I have seen someone using one in Calis. Try carrying one on you and one in your suitcase less chance of loosing them on entry. And by the way I use them as well so will also be trying to smuggle mine in 

Offline pops

• Craig

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 22:38:51 PM »
I have read that it doesn't really give you an answer just that the import and sales is banned

Offline pops

• Craig
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 22:50:11 PM »
And this is where my problem lies. The more sites I find with information on.....the more confused I get coz I still don't have a definitive answer.  :-\ Too many contradictions.

Offline nick11

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 10:33:08 AM »
We have been bringing them in for the last two years, no problem. Also spare juice in our suitcase. The only issue is when you leave. We have been in the naughty book virtually every time, never confiscated though.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 12:16:30 PM »
You can buy them in Fethiye

Offline pops

• Craig
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 22:16:03 PM »
Finally....4 days before we fly and I have a reasonably comprehensive guide to where you can and cannot use e-cigs.....worldwide.

http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtray-blog/2014/08/travelling-ecigarettes.html?awt_l=Ce5q2&awt_m=JvSWCIVfHE8Eb4

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf