Author Topic: changing turkish car licence  (Read 2254 times)

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
changing turkish car licence
« on: June 16, 2014, 07:55:14 AM »
does anyone know the latest on this. I did hear the Turkish licences were being changed to now have an expiry date of 10 years same as UK licence but not sure when. I have asked other Turkish drivers and they didn't seem to know they were even changing?

Offline LeeGlo

Re: changing turkish car licence
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 10:09:59 AM »
Going on past performance re new rules, probably the first anyone will know of it will be when you get pulled over for something else and the police tell you that your license is out of date.

Seriously I've not seen anything in the press or on other forums about this for quite a while now, maybe they have abandoned it for the time being.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 18:41:01 PM »
There was some mention of it a couple of years ago. Turkey WILL gradually introduce EU style Driving Licences and this will be part-funded by the EU.

Whilst we're (roughly) on the subject, the UK will cease to issue Road Fund Licences (Tax Discs) in October and there are also plans to drop the paper part of the Driving Licence in the near future.

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 10:15:46 AM »
cant be any change just yet to Turkish licence. went to traffic police to find out how to get bike licence, they checked my English licence and Turkish car licence and didn't say anything about renewing it. just gave me the checklist of everything to do to get bike licence issued. don't think I would have fancied doing it all on my own, lucky for me a Turkish friend drove me everywhere so not too bad an experience. does make me laugh though it is exactly the same I had to do for car licence and they have all the details already on system  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf