Author Topic: golden moon  (Read 5364 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
golden moon
« on: September 15, 2014, 23:32:22 PM »
We have booked two weeks at Golden Moon down to good reviews.. Have just been on Trip Advisor and the reviews for the last couple of months say it has t really gone down hill.. Terrible reviews in fact.. Has anyone been in the last few weeks?

Offline jac69

• Newly Registered
Re: golden moon
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 17:02:26 PM »
I stayed in Golden Moon in June and found the hotel very satisfying. Friendly staff, very clean hotel. My daughter has just got back yesterday after staying there and she found it to be ok. I have booked the same hotel for May next year.

Offline jennyjo

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 22:49:58 PM »
My friend has just been round tonight and came back last week from staying at the Golden Moon.  We have all been going to the Golden Moon since 2005 off and on, sometimes twice a year and actually got married there.  She has come back with some real horror stories of overbooking, complaints, cleanliness, over charging and general bad attitude of staff.  We have also read the reviews tonight on Trip Advisor and she says that the reviews are spot on and she has vowed not to return.  She has been to the hotel many times so has seen it at it's best years ago and now at it's worst and she is a very tolerant person.  I write this with a heavy heart as I have many happy memories of the place and although we haven't stayed there for a few years as we prefer apartments we have always called in to see the staff and have a few drinks at the bar.  Apparently if you have booked direct with the hotel your room is basically guaranteed but she says that every day people were arriving and there were no rooms and they were put into very shoddy apartments behind the hotel, some with no electric and no air con.  Don't know what is going on there but it is a shame that a hotel with so much potential has deteriorated to such a degree.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 06:40:46 AM »
We've got a spare room if you're stuck! Hopefully overbooking is less likely as it's quite quiet out and about now. And you can soon kick them into touch anyway Anne x

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 10:31:51 AM »
Cant wait!!   does Mete still own this hotel? 

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 11:05:44 AM »
Does anyone know how we stand if they try to mug us off into one of these rooms?   we booked with Sunshine... after reading the reviews.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 11:44:28 AM »
Do you have a full room description on Sunshine's site? If so may be worth printing off &, if the room doesn't meet the description, you have sufficient grounds for complaint.

Offline jennyjo

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 12:13:11 PM »
Just spoke to my friend and she said the only people who weren't getting moved were those that booked direct with the hotel.  All the pool facing rooms were given to the direct booking customers irrelevant of any requests, although she said the trees are so overgrown in front of these rooms that you can't see anything. She booked with Sunshine and was fortunate to at least get a room although she is really unhappy with everything about the hotel.  Yes Mete still owns it and he and his wife are there virtually all day every day so none of us can understand what is happening with this hotel, we have always found Mete to be a true gentleman and imagine he is a good businessman but presently he isn't making good business in this hotel.  Apparently loads of people who go year after year have stopped going.

Offline Jenny1

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 07:51:07 AM »
I have stayed here a few times and loved it.
I think the reviews are very sad, maybe so done should advise Mete to read these reviews?

I have just emailed Mete to draw his attention to this and Trip Advisor, hope I'm not sticking my nose in!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 08:20:30 AM by Jenny1 »

Offline Marggie

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 09:26:46 AM »
Not at all, constructive criticism is always good.  It will give him a chance to respond and hopefully to improve things. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf