Author Topic: Charge him with Actual Bodily Harm  (Read 3565 times)

Offline buddy

Re: Charge him with Actual Bodily Harm
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2014, 00:13:48 AM »
Having played Rugby League for 16 seasons in my younger days I would like to make a couple of points. First, RL is a physical contact sport, In my playing days the rules were a bit more vague and therefore the thugs got away with far more than they do now. Secondly RL is naturally a highly emotive sport and you can't go on to the pitch without being fired up for the battle ahead, you just wouldn't survive. Having said that the early tackles in the game were massive hits but all the players expect that, and nobody shirked taking the ball in. If you saw the replay of the build up to this incident the first contact between the two players was with Ben Flowers barging his way past Lance Hohaia as both chased a kick through. Lance Hohaia then chased Flowers and had obviously lost the plot, when he caught up with Flowers he attacked with his elbow and as Flowers got back on his feet Hohaia stood in front of him. I dont condone mindless violence but I know where Ben Flowers was at that moment in time. Both deserve to be punished for their part in a very unsavory incident, but the game turned into a fantastic game of Rugby League, and the best team won.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf