Author Topic: Freezing temperatures  (Read 14464 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Freezing temperatures
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2015, 01:22:54 AM »
I remember in around 2007 they predicted -16C which was always going to be ridiculous. I put our thermometer outside and the lowest it went all night was +4C. But it felt like -16. I've never known +4C to feel anything like as cold as that was  :)

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2015, 08:02:36 AM »
Our lowest overnight outside temperature here in Fethiye was measured at 0, but after taking the dogs for a walk I was frozen feels like -16 out there.

Offline Eric

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2015, 10:57:49 AM »
Well it dropped well below freezing last night up here in sunny Uzumlu.  Neighbours solar panel split last night.   :-[ :-\

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2015, 11:10:10 AM »
They obviously hadn't read your post on how to put anti freeze in your solar panels Eric   ;)

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2015, 13:31:26 PM »
Went down to 1C last night and thermometer on the terrace currently reads 12C, but by 'eck it feels bloody cold out there.
Just got back from taking the dogs out and I'm more than ready for a mug of salep, a hot shower and my fleecy jim-jams!

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2015, 14:29:06 PM »
Just spent an hour walking around Kaya village, the inhabitants were conspicuous by their absence. The puddles were still iced over in the more sheltered spots.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2015, 00:51:20 AM »
I remember in around 2007 they predicted -16C which was always going to be ridiculous. I put our thermometer outside and the lowest it went all night was +4C. But it felt like -16. I've never known +4C to feel anything like as cold as that was   :)

Totally.

My thermometer is currently reading -1C up here in the Ovacik hills. However, the Northerly wind is bowling down the mountain sounding like several runaway express trains and cutting you in two with an icy axe. Feels bitter to the bone and just a few minutes of it makes your head ache. It is howling down the chimney and turning the log fire into an inferno.

Love it  :D

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2015, 07:56:03 AM »
It's a cold sunny morning in Kaya and the good news isw the winds have died down, it's almost like summer ;D ;D

The weather should start to warm up tomorrow.

Off to the friday market and a stroll along the Kordan and a coffee somewhere in the warm.

DonM

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2015, 07:56:41 AM »
My thermometer is currently reading -1C up here in the Ovacik hills. However, the Northerly wind is bowling down the mountain sounding like several runaway express trains and cutting you in two with an icy axe. Feels bitter to the bone and just a few minutes of it makes your head ache. It is howling down the chimney and turning the log fire into an inferno.

Love it  :D

It's about adapting, isn't it? It's bloody cold, but no worse than we're used to - it's just we don't have the central heating, insulation etc that 'protected' us in the UK.
So add an extra layer, buy a hot water bottle, sling another log on the burner and snuggle under a blanket......and it's rather nice. I was actually sweating last night!

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2015, 09:59:41 AM »
Can anyone remember seeing snow on the beaches anytime.? Just looking at the
perfect scene on the Olu' camera's and it made me wonder.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf