Author Topic: 120 day rule on residency permits  (Read 17427 times)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
120 day rule on residency permits
« on: January 06, 2015, 20:12:11 PM »
Does anybody know what the latest is on the 120 day rule on RP's issued after 11 April 2014. http://www.yellali.com/advice/question/303/the-new-120-day-residence-permit-rule-does-this-apply-to-me-turkey it does "can be" cancelled

It will rule out turkey for us if it's implemented.

Don M

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
Re: 120 day rule on residency permits
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 11:21:06 AM »
My friend was out of Turkey for 5 months last year but thought she was ok as still had a year and half to run on current permit. in view of what happened to me she asked her turkish partner to go to harbour police and check she was ok to come back this month still. he was told no,her permit has been cancelled and she has had to buy an e visa. He was also told they may not let people into the country now with current permit time left to run if they had 120 days out in 2014, unless they had an e-visa so it isn't looking good at present. Good luck to anyone wanting to still chance it, you may or may not be lucky depending on the mood at airport i guess

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 15:15:25 PM »
Well that's different from what the law ststes, but beeing Turkey any thing can happen

"The 120 day rule applies to new residence permits only. (for those issued after 11th April 2014)

120 day rule
 A Residence permit issued after 11th April 2014 can be cancelled if you spend more than 120 days outside of Turkey. (Applicable to both first time Residence permit applications & renewals)

*According to the new law on foreigners - Law No.6458, you will not be able to renew a residence permit once it has been cancelled. *YellAli is currently awaiting confirmation whether or not this will be enforced."

I will see our solicitor on Monday and try and get an answer, but once again beeing Turkey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 17:52:10 PM »
Just read the link you provided (thankyou) and if it's right mine should not have been refused as old one was issued 2012. Will call consulate on Monday to see if they can help

Have just been reading through the rules the harbour police are going by and Article 33 (c) are what they are looking at :
http://goc.gov.tr/files/files/YUKK_I%CC%87NGI%CC%87LI%CC%87ZCE_BASKI(1)(1).pdf

Refusal, non-renewal or cancelation of short-term residence permits
ARTICLE 33 –
(1) Under the following cases a short-term residence permit shall not be
granted, shall be cancelled if has been issued, and shall not be renewed
when:
a) one or more of the conditions provided for in Article 32 are not met or
no longer apply;
b) it is established that the residence permit is used outside the purposes
of those it is issued for;
c) [the foreigner] lived outside of Turkey for longer than one hundred
and twenty days in total during the preceding year;

ç) there is a current removal decision or an entry ban to Turkey in respect
to the foreigner.

I cant find anything reference permits issued before April 2014, any idea where Yelali got this info from?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 18:46:16 PM by Hellzbellz »

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 21:23:12 PM »
I can't help with quoting any specific source but I am absolutely sure I read somewhere that the 120 days only applied to the new-style residence permits from April 2014 and that those with the old blue book weren't affected until it ran out (and they then got the new cards).

That said.....we all know it depends on who you get and how they feel at the time....  :(  : :)

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 06:17:39 AM »
Yes, Yelali have put  :  The 120 day rule applies to new residence permits only. (for those issued after 11th April 2014)

120 day rule
A Residence permit issued after 11th April 2014 can be cancelled if you spend more than 120 days outside of Turkey. (Applicable to both first time Residence permit applications & renewals)

*According to the new law on foreigners - Law No.6458, you will not be able to renew a residence permit once it has been cancelled. *YellAli is currently awaiting confirmation whether or not this will be enforced.

I was hoping someone may know where they got this information from, if it's a government document I can print it off and include it with my appeal.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 06:47:21 AM »
Hi, if you are in Fethiye? Why don't you pop into the British Consulate office and have a word with Ahmet, the pro consul. I'm sure he will be able to give you some advice.

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 06:49:49 AM »
Thanks Rimms, I wasn't even aware there was one in Fethiye, was told by someone I would have to go to Ankara??? Can you tell me where it is please so I can go tomorrow, guessing they won't be open on a Sunday  :)

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 08:53:23 AM »
No they are not open on Sunday and they do have restricted opening hours, Google British Consulate Fethiye for times. They are on the second floor of the Likya building. It's the building on the road where the main banks are and Burger King. If you can find DP perfumes which is on the ground floor of the Likya building. the entrance is in the side street, you will see a sign for dentist Çagatay Aras, go up to the second floor and use the door intercom. Good luck.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf