Author Topic: Council tax  (Read 10942 times)

Offline DianaJ

Council tax
« on: January 09, 2015, 19:54:41 PM »
Just wondered has anyone been to pay council tax yet this year appears ours has been doubled this year just wondered if anyone else had same experience you wonder how can they put on 100% increase

Offline Steve A

Re: Council tax
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 07:22:36 AM »
Did you ask why it had gone up that much it seems a bit steep

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 08:33:02 AM »
I have not paid ours yet but I did read on Facebook that people were saying it had gone up a lot this year!
Unfortunately I find it hard to re find things like the council tax thread on Facebook which is why I still love Cbf as so easy to find what you are looking for  :)

Offline Jack13

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 19:10:40 PM »
spoke to someone today re council tax. from 105lira last year to 220 lira this year. how can they justify 100% increase?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Council tax
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 20:08:29 PM »
Maybe to do with all the canal work and the cost of the new promenade to Fethiye from Calis. Someone has to pay for it. I'm sure there's more things they have spent on.

Ours was £30 in Ciftlik last year. If they put infrastructure in I'd gladly pay double. Feel for the locals though.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 20:22:58 PM »
Also you may wonder how the locals can afford a 100% increase. But in truth it is all on tapu value and many long term locals have tapus with a value from decades ago, so their actual payment is doubling but from next to nothing. In the medium term past you needed to show at least a modest increase in value on the tapu, and that means increasing the annual council tax payment. In the more recent past the local authority set the tapu value and it isn't something daft like £6,000 anymore. In fact, in Calis area some are being valued at (and maybe even above) market value and there is no negotiation.

So the moral of the story is if your council tax is low now, moving will soon wipe that little joy away. It's always nice to hear about people like Stoop paying £30 a year. Very quaint. Our house when sold had the tapu value set for the new owners at a value meaning they will pay over £400 a year - and no, it wasn't a mansion - it is a reflection on how the authorities have tackled undervaluing at sale, and how they've made it a reflect the reality - and council taxes are in turn reflecting that these days    :)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 21:19:47 PM »
Probably the biggest influence is that, since becoming part of Mugla Buyuksehir last April, central funding to Fethiye has been virtually halved. Furthermore, for instance road repairs have been devolved to local budgets. As such, the increase in council tax has more than likely had to be levied to at least to start to address this shortfall.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 00:46:41 AM »
Repair the roads? Oh no, I enjoy the downhill slalom down my road everyday as I avoid the holes which are less 'pot' and more 'cave'.

Offline martha mcginn

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 21:19:43 PM »
Just bought property here and the Council Tax i have to pay has increased from 192 tl per year to 425 tl - thats some jump.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 21:53:20 PM »
I'll swap mine for yours Martha  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf