Author Topic: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly  (Read 4844 times)

Offline SteveJ

Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2015, 15:57:23 PM »
"Believe it or not the flight meal on both legs." - yeah that happened to me once when some fat kid bumped into my seat tray. I didn't class it as a highlight though.

Offline maria1949

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2015, 21:38:22 PM »
Lovely to have met you both again, great report as usual brought a smiles reading it especially falling out of bed , dreaming, more like that extra large glass of wine.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2015, 22:17:35 PM »
And a delight meeting you xxx

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2015, 01:21:51 AM »

Oi !! Steady that man ! You're getting a bit overemotional with the "xxx's" there H"

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2015, 12:16:09 PM »

Oi !! Steady that man ! You're getting a bit overemotional with the "xxx's" there H"

Just hope they were aimed at the missus.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 20:41:09 PM »
I had intended to have a sentence in the original post saying that I would leave out the best part of our June 2015 visit until later. But I missed it out. However here it is.

It was a boat trip on Sukru's boat which is always an excellent day out but was enhanced this by him stopping in a bay by ourselves (only 14 passengers) where we went on the beach and he took the bar out to us.

But that was not what made this boat trip so special.

What did make it so special was that Brenda and I had the greatest of pleasure of spending the day in the wonderful company of Chrissie (pi55y) and her husband Peter (captain squiffy and Chairman of the 3Cs). The whole day spent with these lovely people was simply a delightful experience. Many thanks you two - hope we can do it again soon.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 21:47:18 PM »
We thoroughly enjoyed yours and Brenda's company too John and would love to do it again when you are next out.
It was a very relaxing day but also great fun too, particularly the floating bar! And Sucre's food was really good, and of course he has kindly given us a boat trip for 2 people for next weeks Promises auction. A boat trip followed by Rod Stewart in great company what more could we want   :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 22:58:17 PM »
We thoroughly enjoyed yours and Brenda's company too John and would love to do it again when you are next out.
It was a very relaxing day but also great fun too, particularly the floating bar! And Sucre's food was really good, and of course he has kindly given us a boat trip for 2 people for next weeks Promises auction. A boat trip followed by Rod Stewart in great company what more could we want     :)

I have a photo of you and Peter on the beach but that will remain between us and you  :)

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2015, 12:17:49 PM »
Lovely reading your review H especially as this is the first year since 1989 that we arent going to Calis! OMG how will we cope, we are beginning to wonder?
there are some inconsiderate folks in the world and the older we get the more noticeable it is to us. However I am getting far less tolerant of it than I once was and dont believe in chuntering about it when I can do something. So I now have no qualms about asking people to move their luggage/backpack/babyseat, unless a baby in situ of course! Ar*es reserve seats not luggage!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf