Author Topic: Cafe Soul - 'The Dormant Giant'  (Read 3599 times)

Offline An Idiot Abroad

• Newly Registered
Cafe Soul - 'The Dormant Giant'
« on: August 04, 2015, 14:30:54 PM »
So my family and I ate in Café Soul on Calis front this year for dinner and it was up there with one of the best meals we all had. We had ate their the previous year and thought similar. We thought the food quality was outstanding and the waiters were brilliant with us all. What do you guys think? I think Café Soul is definitely one of the best, yet uncommonly talked about and praised places to eat. Anyone agree or disagree?

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Re: Cafe Soul - 'The Dormant Giant'
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 14:39:13 PM »
It isn't a place I have tried to be honest and not heard of many that have.. Funny how we all stick to the same places but I think we will give this a try next time.. I know the staff and you are right. Really nice people.. I think it is a casenof we rarely eat on the sea front. P

Offline An Idiot Abroad

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 15:39:31 PM »
Yes the staff are brilliant! I highly recommend you try it! If you are stuck with what to eat I also recommend the Stuffed Chicken! It is a taste sensation

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 15:46:25 PM »
Imo their English breakfast is the best in Calis, Fethiye and Hisaronu etc.
WW

Offline davybill

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 16:49:37 PM »
Yes its a realy good English breakfast, and Emra a waiter from the Nil bar works there now.
Smashing chap,

Offline Steve A

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 16:50:56 PM »
Used to be a regular until Ryan/Serkan went back to Leeds and felt it went down hill with the new staff.But will give it a try in September

Offline marina

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 17:15:44 PM »
We thought the same Steve after Serkan left though we'd been going to Cafe Soul for years before that, usually during the day and using their cushions for the sunbeds. We always had a coffee/drinks and lunch there and it was always good food at good prices.  Because of that I suppose we never really went there on an evening and tried other places instead.  We only went once for lunch when we were there in June and again it was very good.  Should give it a try one evening next time I think. 

Offline KathB

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 13:13:56 PM »
Went last night too over an hour and ten minutes for our food to arrive I ordered fettuccini and wen it arrived it was penne pasta and so overcooked I sent it back

Offline snowtop

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 17:21:06 PM »
I went in Café Soul last week and asked for the Cajun chicken.
When it came it was just chicken nuggets in a not crispy batter, salad etc, but what astounded me was in the middle there was a small container with HP brown sauce in it.  I was asked then if I would prefer tomato sauce.
I told the waiter that that was nothing like Cajun and brought up a recipe off the net on my phone and said "show the cook" because he certainly is not a chef of any description.
I like ALL the waiters there and will go in for a drink but as for a meal, forget it, you never know what the cooks translation of a meal is going to be.
 I would put bets on that if I went in for the same meal tonight, it would be a choice of brown or tomato sauce again.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf