Author Topic: Optician  (Read 10157 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Re: Optician
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 08:56:04 AM »
They have some really nice frames in Asda opticians,  I am going to get another 2 pairs when we get back. 
Spec savers do designer frames too (well someone has to design them) yet the difference is  very little, at least with the less expensive frames I can have many to choose from, but I am lazy, in the morning I reach out and wear the first pair I touch. 

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 09:42:50 AM »
I actually have a drawer full of glasses and sunglasses, I have five pairs of glasses with me here now in Turkey. I tend to get them every year and usually get the two for one but they are never cheap.  I do like designer frames though, but as I always thought it was the glass you pay the most for and not the frame.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 13:31:15 PM »
Well there you go, you live and learn  ;-), I too learned that lesson 10 year ago.  Turkey is Expensive for specs unless you are used to being ripped off in the UK. 
 I only have two pair here in Turkey both from UK,

I used to use Doland and Atchison yet did not get discount for having the same name, now they have sold out to Boots, still cheaper than Turkey even with designer frames,   
Designer=free advertising, they should pay the person for using them as a walking sandwich board.

Offline marina

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2015, 14:38:17 PM »
Well I'm so pleased I read this topic.  I've also been used to paying about £400 for my glasses - varifocals, reaction, ultra slim - the lot!  I've used Boots last few years because they do a 25% discount if you have an Advantage card and are over 60 but I think spec savers also do 25% off for over 60's, but then you ask yourself 25% off what?

I actually don't give a **** what name is on them, purely a question of whether I like them or not.  That applies to anything I buy. 

Will research further, thanks!    :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2015, 19:40:45 PM »
Sorry, but I do give a f@*k£@ what I put on my face, I hate the cheap frames in spec savers etc.,  I also think they can be picked out so easily as looking like cheap frames that thousands of people have. I also think that if you wear something all the time if should look good and make you feel good.  It you even it out over the year it is not expensive.  So, I will go on with my designer glasse because I like them.  What everyone else does is entirely up to them..

Offline marina

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2015, 19:58:47 PM »
Entirely your choice Jacqui, but if you read my post again you'll see that I didn't say I don't care what I put on my face, just that I won't pay silly prices for something just because it has a 'name'!

I always buy something I like, not just because it's cheap.  I also wear glasses all time and have done since I was about 7 years old,  so want good looking ones and ones that are comfortable.  There is a huge choice around these days, much more than 10/15 years ago, but I've always understood that it's the lenses that make them so expensive but will certainly look around a bit more next time I buy some.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2015, 20:13:48 PM »
Lots of designer frames on the net at cheap prices.  I have had a pair of Dior Sunglasss for years and love them, even though I have a more designer sunglasses, i.e. Chanel and Bvlgari.   I always seem to prefer these ones.  Something about them that I love and as I have had them for years, I think they were great value for money. 
I love the designer glasses and always feel better in them than the cheapr frames from the like of Specs Savers, Just my choice, but I will stick to it. On reflection nothing is going to make me go to Asda or Boots.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2015, 06:48:36 AM »
You tell them Jacqui, and looking very nice with them too may I say.  ;)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2015, 07:12:02 AM »
Des Martinson! That's not Jacqui . . . . oh wait a minute, I'll get me glasses . . .  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2015, 07:17:07 AM »
No Lottty, it is Des in his usual drag outfit.... He goes out dressed like that with Gordon, Loz. OH.... Time to put that picture on again Gordon. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf