Author Topic: First time this end of Calis... Help & Idea's appreciated :)  (Read 7754 times)

Offline JulieDiane

First time this end of Calis... Help & Idea's appreciated :)
« on: February 18, 2016, 21:22:13 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Having visited Calis almost every year for the last 15 or 16 years & have stayed mainly at the Oykun, Delta or a friends house, we are staying this coming June at Blue Green apartments with our daughter, partner & will be then 10 month old granddaughter. I have been reading some posts with interest in Koca Calis, I have to say we have never really been any further than surfers beach cafe, i am looking forward to exploring slightly further afield, a couple of questions, having only been that end during the day is there any lightning along the road/track to find some of the restaurants at night heading away from Calis?  Where would you recommend for some nights out? Also is there a local shop we can purchase water, milk, bread etc at night as we probably will not arrive untill 10pm at night, i had tried contacting the apartments but they never replied as we also need to hire a cot. We hope to hire bikes too, one with a baby seat so we can go exploring, so many questions running through my head due to having such a little one with us, but mightily excited at coming back to Calis this June  :)

Offline Bluwise

Re: First time this end of Calis... Help & Idea's appreciated :)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 22:51:46 PM »
Can't help with the Koca Calis info I'm afraid but there is a bike hire place on Baris Manco - do you know where that is?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 22:53:25 PM »
I reckon they will, having visited Calis almost every year for the last 15 or 16 years  ;)

Offline busybee

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 06:19:51 AM »
Not sure a out the lighting but am sure someone who like rd that way will let you know.  Can recommend Zentara and Meekan restaurants. Don't think there is a shop that end, would get the driver to stop in the little street just past the Seril, where there a couple of market shops.

Offline philrose

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 08:27:34 AM »
The Blue Green apartments are located directly behind the Sunset Beach Club so not that far from the main Calis promenade (about half a mile). There are two roads that connect the apartments to the promenade and both have lighting.
There are always a couple of bike hire places on the prom in the Summer season

Offline Saga Louts

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 10:37:14 AM »
Take a look at Kiddies Cargo Ovacek for baby hire equipment. Reasonable prices, clean good equipment and they will deliver for your arrival

Offline JulieDiane

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 12:29:07 PM »
Thanks so far, i know the bike shop, up by where PJ's used to be   ;) Although never stayed that end we're aware of where the apartment are were just not familiar with whats available really that end, and have never ventured further than surfers beach cafe to be honest, always intended to just never got round to it. Thanks for the hire shop info, i think will be very useful i'll see if i can find them to sort some things out, I like the idea of heading past surf cafe at night to try different places, just not sure i fancy struggling with a pushchair in the dark which is why i was wondering about lighting.

Can't wait to get back to Calis, we'll obviously visit some of our familiar haunts too, roll on June  8)

Offline philrose

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 12:57:19 PM »
Meant to add there are several Bars and Restaurants on the seafront after the Surf Cafe (sorry can't remember the names, but they tend to change from season to season anyway), most of them have entertaiment on selected nights and offer free sunbeds umberellas etc during the day.

Offline IanK

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 13:18:33 PM »
The road past the Surf Cafe heading West (away from Calis) is fairly new but I don't think there is much lighting yet (not last year anyway).
As Philrose says, there are plenty of restaurants on the beach along there but they don't all open in the evening -especially out of core season.

Also, there is a restaurant and shop on Sunset Beach Club that can be used by non residents but you have to enter from the beach end of the site - just walk down the side of the complex from BlueGreen.

Ian

Offline JulieDiane

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 17:38:48 PM »
I did think sunset would probably be ok with us using their shop, i'm sure i've spotted it on the front when we've walked past, do you happen to know how late its open until? Thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf