Author Topic: Internet providers  (Read 5329 times)

Offline Dutchie

Re: Internet providers
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 18:40:08 PM »
But my modem doesn't work when there's a power cut so that doesn't change anything.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 18:48:52 PM »
3.66 at the mom  :D

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 19:46:13 PM »
Been with Finet for 7 months - first 3 were very mixed and regular down time - then we went back to UK for 2 months and according to friends it was worse than ever. However, it changed hands in February and as we returned I went in and paid my 30 lira (only pay when using - a month at a time) and it has been excellent since late February.

Went off once and we got a text instantly to tell us they were working on it - but - in Turkish and generally you do need to speak some Turkish as hardly any English is spoken!

We get 3 to 3.5 consistently which as we record on filmon and then download and playback from tablet linked to TV - it works well for us.

The new owner's have spent some money on the new shop frontage and clearly they are running the business better than the previous owners and interestingly we seem to be "on" when Ttnet people say they are off    :)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 22:18:43 PM »
3.66 at the mom  :D
Then it is almost certain that you do not have a fibre optic service, which is why I asked. Don't feel bad about itco ttnet  sell an up to 16 mbps service as a fibernet service, it is not fibre, it is a 'copper' based service called adsl2 annexe m. Now if they are prepared to sell a service throughout turkey that is not as advertised, i.e its not fibre, what else are they preoared to lie about?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf