Author Topic: The Good Old Days  (Read 7449 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
The Good Old Days
« on: July 21, 2016, 09:45:44 AM »
Do you remember when the most pressing question on here was "What is the price of Efes?". One of my neighbours came around this morning and said they were due to travel to Olu Deniz in September. Her qustions: what did I think the likely impact of the state of emergency would be; and what would FCO do? I said that I doubted there would be a significant impact in South West resorts but I'd let her know experiences reported on here when things settle down a bit.

Offline Phil

Re: The Good Old Days
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 10:40:57 AM »
I am flying out next Thursday............. cheer me up please.

Can some one start posting stories of great meals watching sunsets, fabulous boat trips, new discoveries, fantastic experiences, bumping into old friends, making new friends, fabulous weather, laid back days, long days ................... in fact anything to shine some light into the shadows.

Please.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 11:44:05 AM »
Our June 2016 visit - lovely meals wherever we went including Mangal House, Bella Mammas, Casa di Mamma, Meeting Point, Varil, Georges, Mozaik Bahce.

Great boat trip with Sukru and back in time for a wonderful "Rod Night" at Lees bar.

Meet lots of CBF members for the first time and some old acquaintances.

The odd gin and tonic of an evening.

And managed to avoid a visit to Esnaf.

Oh and this...........

Offline Menthol

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 11:53:08 AM »
There have been concerns from us residents, Phil, naturally.

However a friend and I spent the day in Sarigerme yesterday - no Polis stops on the road there or during our return.
The beach was wonderful - clean and hot! And I thought pretty busy too. Lots and lots of Turkish holiday makers - lots of families having a wonderful time in the sea.

Had a cheese pancake freshly made at the beachside restaurant and generally had a very chilled day.

Spoke to some tourists at the bread shop in Ovacik this morning, freshly arrived from Manchester who had been fully expecting to see tanks bashing their way down the main road in Hisaronu. They were laughing at how everyone was as laid back and cool as ever and that they were going into Fethiye for a spot of shopping and totally excited about being in the area for the next 2 weeks.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 12:17:11 PM »
And here is the beach at Sarigerme from yesterday  :)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 12:20:13 PM »
Great post Menthol! I'm sure it's very welcome and encouraging. I hope you've put lots of minds to rest.  Have a great holiday Phil! 8) ;D

Offline davybill

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 14:50:35 PM »
just been along the beach front quite a few people sun bathing, and enjoying life, called into Guvens for a coffee,
quite a few on the sun beds and a lovely breeze from the sea, and very calm,
I think folks are just trying to enjoy life, and hope the last few days will blow over.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 14:53:40 PM »
Erdogan announced today that the army will get "new blood". Seems to me an unfortunate choice of words.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 15:13:42 PM »
Just looking on the recipes section, saw a post from Lance, made me smile. God Blessx

Offline davybill

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 15:49:17 PM »
Erdogan announced today that the army will get "new blood". Seems to me an unfortunate choice of words.
That will cheer the Holiday makers up,HUh

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf