Author Topic: New Member introduction  (Read 3298 times)

Offline susuz

New Member introduction
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2005, 22:59:50 PM »
Thanks for the comments Marcus - we feel part of a family already!  8)

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
New Member introduction
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 02:49:47 AM »
Hi Sue & Paul, welcome to the forum, congratulations on buying your place in Paradise, I cant wait to go home, 5wks tmoz for 19days. Hope i can say for good one day though. Alan

Offline Orange

New Member introduction
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 09:19:58 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum congratulations on your purchase- you will find Heidi and keith helpful throughout the whole of your buying process. Bet you cant wait to see the finished apartment.

Offline susuz

New Member introduction
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2005, 10:30:59 AM »
Yes, we are really looking forward to seeing the finished apartment! - we have stayed in the region seven times and never ever want to come home! We usually stay in Olu Deniz but went to look at land for someone last year in Calis - we really liked what Calis had to offer so decided to buy in the area

We will need advice on best bars and restaurants so any help on that would be great.  Our youngest daughter (she's nearly 17) loves Hisaronou for the clubs so presumably she'll have to get a taxi there if she comes with us [?]

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
New Member introduction
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2005, 10:39:40 AM »
a dolmus goes to hisaronou from the bus station in fethiye, they stop running at 1pm.
when we were there last week we asked the price of a taxi to come back and he quoted us 40ytl,we got him down to 35ytl but that was still expensive, if there are more of you ,the cost can be split

Offline susuz

New Member introduction
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2005, 10:46:16 AM »
Thanks for the advice Puma!

She will probably bring at least one friend with her so this will help to keep costs down - especially if she gets a dolmus to Hisaronou and just gets the cab back.

Offline lindi

New Member introduction
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2005, 11:35:26 AM »
Hi Paul and Sue

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase.  We bought this time last year and have never looked back!  I would recommend furnishing yourself as it's a great experience and we had loads of fun doing it.  There is loads of info on here ref furnishing but if there's anything in particular that you can't find then you can always ask as someone usually knows the answer.

lindi :)

Offline susuz

New Member introduction
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2005, 11:57:20 AM »
Thanks for info Lindi [ :)- do you have to travel great distances for furnishings - many people mention names of companies but we are not
familiar with them. Are they mostly in Fethiye?

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
New Member introduction
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2005, 13:04:08 PM »
Hi Susuz, I know your daughter likes Hisaronu, but there's enough nightlife in Calis to keep her going for 2wks, i'm getting on a bit, but my 19yr old girls love it. Alan

Offline lindi

New Member introduction
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2005, 13:33:00 PM »
We bought most items in Fethiye.  There is a good choice of shops and you'll find everything you need there.  Eren Spot (Fethiye) is a good starting point and don't be put off by appearance as it's stacked high but the goods and service are excellent.

lindi :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf