Author Topic: Holiday Let New Controls  (Read 93447 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Holiday Let New Controls
« Reply #250 on: May 07, 2017, 20:56:23 PM »
That's the difference between Turkish / Napoleonic and UK law. In Turkish law it's up to the accused to prove a negative.  :)

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #251 on: May 07, 2017, 21:35:20 PM »
In answer to Cenk, you can't prove either way unless you have documents of some kind proving their payment or non-payment. But as i understand the Police were a little relaxed about it. He didn't say we need proof but he did say at first there will be a warning before a fine.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #252 on: May 07, 2017, 21:55:13 PM »
But as i understand the Police were a little relaxed about it. He didn't say we need proof but he did say at first there will be a warning before a fine.

Pretty much same as I've been told.

JF

Offline cenk

« Reply #253 on: May 07, 2017, 22:10:51 PM »
In answer to Cenk, you can't prove either way unless you have documents of some kind proving their payment or non-payment. But as i understand the Police were a little relaxed about it. He didn't say we need proof but he did say at first there will be a warning before a fine.
I am speaking as a person who had spoken to police face to face many times about this subject. I have respect what you think about the subject. It will be your choice to take risk or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #254 on: May 08, 2017, 00:45:38 AM »
Let's face it - it's impossible to prove that you haven't been paid for someone staying at your house. How can you prove something that hasn't happened?

It's a killer for those of us who let friends and family stay (who do not share your surname).

Turkish businesses will lose out. Less shopping, fewer cleans required, less eating and drinking, fewer Dolmus rides, fewer trips purchased, fewer transfers, less water and electric used. The list is endless.

Such a shame for those who let friends and family stay but now can't, or dare not!

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #255 on: May 08, 2017, 07:23:23 AM »
Someone said on FB that it won't be this legislation that kills tourism.
It will be the unregistered madman on the beach.
Food for thought.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #256 on: May 08, 2017, 08:42:49 AM »
Someone said on FB that it won't be this legislation that kills tourism.
It will be the unregistered madman on the beach.
Food for thought.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Still not convinced this isn't about tax revenue, sorry.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #257 on: May 08, 2017, 10:54:44 AM »
Of course it's about tax !

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #258 on: May 08, 2017, 11:51:38 AM »
Still not convinced this isn't about tax revenue, sorry.

I think it's a threefold objective:

1) Assisting the fight against terrorism by regulating short lets
2) Appeasing the tourism & hotel organisations due to their lobbying against the AirBNB type market by making this type of letting more difficult
3) Raising tax revenue that had previously gone unreported, or in some cases misreported.

You can't really argue against 1) & 3) - however 2) will, to a certain extent, damage tourism and NOT necessarily fill all those missing bed nights the hoteliers are complaining about.  It's a different market most of the time.

I am speaking as a person who had spoken to police face to face many times about this subject. I have respect what you think about the subject. It will be your choice to take risk or not.

I think the issue here is pure Turkey - speak to a dozen officials and you'll receive a dozen different interpretations of the same piece of legislation - and you're right, it is up to the individual to make their choices.

JF

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #259 on: May 08, 2017, 13:52:01 PM »
Here's a question then - if I want to let someone stay in our place at no cost then how do I prove they haven't paid?

By that I mean is there something I can get signed that the authorities would accept? If there is something and it only costs a nominal fee then I'm sure many would be happy to let friends and family stay for free.

Or is it just assumed cart blanche that anyone who stays has paid?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf